Prima - Luggage Storage

I looked through topics and see no mention of this, but I need to ask because it may affect which suitcases I use. I have a very large suitcase and then some smaller ones so getting stuff there is not a problem...however...

Where is empty luggage stored? I get and like the aesthetic of the cabins without the bed skirts, but I always just crammed my empty suitcases underneath the bed. I have read the closets are small and there is limited storage, but wonder why no one else mentions this? Does the steward take the luggage to store in the hold after it is unpacked? What do others do for storing smaller items? Ideas are welcome!

I have a BA balcony cabin if that helps...thank you!

it kind of depends on how many are sailing. if you’re traveling solo, there is plenty of room in the closet for luggage storage, particularly if you nest your carry on in your larger bag. there is under bed storage, but it is visible, as you point out. most people use that, I reckon. i do not believe your steward will take your luggage and store it outside the room, on the prima or any other ship. my experience is based on sailing in both club balcony and balcony cabins on the prima. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jdc987 said:

Under bed, just like the other ships.  Just no skirt to hide it.

Thats what I feared... not great planning on their side in that is there? I guess I can be happy my suitcase is blue. LOL

Thank you both for confirming!

Edited by TheCruisingBrewers
  • Haha 1

I have to say that I hide my small carry on luggage pieces under the bed in my spare room at home, which makes it easier to access them for our weekend trips!  But my bedspread quilt hides them!  LOLAs long as they are out of the way that is my primary concern!

10 hours ago, TheCruisingBrewers said:

I looked through topics and see no mention of this, but I need to ask because it may affect which suitcases I use. I have a very large suitcase and then some smaller ones so getting stuff there is not a problem...however...

Where is empty luggage stored? I get and like the aesthetic of the cabins without the bed skirts, but I always just crammed my empty suitcases underneath the bed. I have read the closets are small and there is limited storage, but wonder why no one else mentions this? Does the steward take the luggage to store in the hold after it is unpacked? What do others do for storing smaller items? Ideas are welcome!

I have a BA balcony cabin if that helps...thank you!

The height of the bed is the same as any other NCL bed. If you push your suitcases toward the center it is ok. 

The baskets in the closet, we did t care so much for. Give me a dresser and drawers. 

• Like 1

I'll add one of my quirks to this. I store the carry ons inside the checked luggage (28" ones), but I put those inside black garbage bags and then under the bed. I like sealing them because of the dust and/or other issues that can arise, but if they're in a black garbage bag, you might not see them. It would keep the aesthetic.