Indulgence Package

sarasotascott

We are long time Celebrity cruisers and in October we are booked on a 15-day cruise on the Pursuit.  I was looking at possibly adding the Indulgence package for $1499.  We are booked in a P2 Balcony, so we are getting a few extra perks with our cabin.  We have a large amount of OBC and was wondering if I can pay for the package with the OBC, or some of the OBC and the rest on a credit card.  Also, interested in any feedback from Indulgence Package users.

Thanks,

Scott

15 hours ago, sarasotascott said:

We are long time Celebrity cruisers and in October we are booked on a 15-day cruise on the Pursuit.  I was looking at possibly adding the Indulgence package for $1499.  We are booked in a P2 Balcony, so we are getting a few extra perks with our cabin.  We have a large amount of OBC and was wondering if I can pay for the package with the OBC, or some of the OBC and the rest on a credit card.  Also, interested in any feedback from Indulgence Package users.

Thanks,

Scott

The indulgence package makes more sense if you are not in a suite, and/or have a low loyalty status. It also represents much better value on the longer cruises. For me 15 days would be the minimum, but the package is much better value for a 21-day cruise. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, sarasotascott said:

Thanks,

Scott

You can use OBC to purchase the package, but you have to wait until you are onboard to do this. If you want to purchase it in advance, you’ll need to use your credit card. 
In the Indulgence package you will receive $700 OBC towards Shore Excursions, $250 OBC towards Spa, Ultimate beverage package for 2, Wi-Fi package for 2, Chefs Dinner or 3 Specialty dinners for 2, 5 bags laundry. 
I purchased this for an upcoming 22 night cruise as it represents great value. I bought it in advance on my cc so that I could book my Shore Excursions in advance. We already had $300 OBC from the booking promo, so with the additional $700 from the Indulgence package, we had $1000 to spend on Shore Excursions. We booked ours just before the data migration. 
Generally, we would not do much in excursions from the ship, preferring to DIY or book independent tours, but as we were going to buy the Ultimate drink package anyway, it was a no brainer on a 22 day cruise. 

Edited by terry&mike
Add copy

7 hours ago, blag said:

The indulgence package makes more sense if you are not in a suite, and/or have a low loyalty status. It also represents much better value on the longer cruises. For me 15 days would be the minimum, but the package is much better value for a 21-day cruise. 

We have used our OBC many times to purchase the indulgence package when we've stayed in a Club Continent suite.  It does only really make sense on a longer cruise, though.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, laurieb said:

We have used our OBC many times to purchase the indulgence package when we've stayed in a Club Continent suite

We always take a suite, but only 'invest' in the indulgence package on cruises of >20 days. 

So let me get this straight…. I can only get an Experience More package once I board the ship if I plan to pay for it with OBC, correct?  We have enough OBC for the Experience More Enjoyment package and will get $500 excursion with that package.  But we can’t book the excursions we want until we board and have paid for the package…and by then the excursions may be full.  Sounds like a Catch-22.  It makes no sense.

What is the rationale?  The rep I spoke to made it sound like I was trying to pull a fast one… using credit to buy more credit!  She said the packages could only be paid for with cash on credit.  I didn’t believe that so glad I can at least pay with OBC when we get on board.

17 hours ago, SoBaycruiser said:

So let me get this straight…. I can only get an Experience More package once I board the ship if I plan to pay for it with OBC, correct?  We have enough OBC for the Experience More Enjoyment package and will get $500 excursion with that package.  But we can’t book the excursions we want until we board and have paid for the package…and by then the excursions may be full.  Sounds like a Catch-22.  It makes no sense.

What is the rationale?  The rep I spoke to made it sound like I was trying to pull a fast one… using credit to buy more credit!  She said the packages could only be paid for with cash on credit.  I didn’t believe that so glad I can at least pay with OBC when we get on board.

Yes, that is a correct understanding. You can buy the package before you board with a credit card, and then use the Shore Excursion OBC to purchase excursions before you board. Or, you can wait until you board and use your promo/gifted OBC to buy the package, and then use your Shore Excursion OBC to purchase excursions at that time. 
I am aware that some guests book shore excursions in advance and pay for them on a credit card. Once they board and buy the package they then cancel those shore excursions and immediately rebook them with their OBC. There are pitfalls in that the price may increase and you’ll pay the new price on your new bookings, or there could be a waitlist that fills your cancelled spot immediately. And with the accounting confusion since the data migration, you could cause yourself a big headache with Azamara. 

• Like 3