Currently on the Enchantment of the Seas

Always good to have photographic evidence 

Can be used for memes and any future issues you need to highlight on social media 

It gets their attention real quick then, that is if you want to advertise it to a broader audience other than just us merely less than 1% of cruisers here on cc

• Like 1

Aside from the room not being clean, which I agree I would have called someone immediately, how is the rest of the cruise?  We'll be on her in 2 weeks.  I hope you're enjoying the ports and trip itself.  People mentioned that Med cruises are more casual than others, are you finding that to be true?  Thanks!  Hope the trip gets better.  

17 minutes ago, gail-s said:

Aside from the room not being clean, which I agree I would have called someone immediately, how is the rest of the cruise?  We'll be on her in 2 weeks.  I hope you're enjoying the ports and trip itself.  People mentioned that Med cruises are more casual than others, are you finding that to be true?  Thanks!  Hope the trip gets better.  

The rest is great! Ports are great, Food in Chops Grille was amazing , food in MDR was not good. We are pretty tired from the port stops so we have not seen any shows

DD loves the teen club

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, purplethorn said:

Another update, I called housekeeping yesterday and ask if its possible the have the cleaning in the mornings, they said yes they will tell our steward. Today the room is not cleaned. 😕 

GO TO GS and complain.  Ask to speak to Housekeeping supervisor and then take it up the chain to the Hotel Director if you need to.  You should be doing that rather than posting on here.  Save that for after the fact and explain the whole process then.

• Like 4

And i want to emphasize that I did tell the girl the first day that i would like the room vacuumed and cleaned again but they came the next day in the evening. The room was cleaned fine , but i guess the dust under the table was missed … At this point i am kind tired from calling them 

Today’s tender to Zakynthos is a disaster.

We are tender number 16, They have called 1-6 for the past 3 hours and only 1 and 2 actually have left the ship.

We had a rental car booked, but I don't think its happening. Never tendered before , is this normal?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, purplethorn said:

Never tendered before, is this normal?

No. On most ships, in most ports, most of the time the tendering "rush" is over in a couple of hours.

Edited by Biker19

22 hours ago, purplethorn said:

And i want to emphasize that I did tell the girl the first day that i would like the room vacuumed and cleaned again but they came the next day in the evening. The room was cleaned fine , but i guess the dust under the table was missed … At this point i am kind tired from calling them 

I was on the Enchantment out of Baltimore, April 20, 2023. I left a brief CC thread of my experiences. Once a day room service was the norm and ours was in the morning as we requested from a steward who was attending a room in our area (we did not see our steward for two days).

Our room was clean upon arrival (interior on third deck) and was cleaned daily. We are very tidy in general so as long as the room was clean to begin with, there would be no issues. The room did show normal wear and tear which was to be expected. Everything worked as expected.

I would not be happy if I had your experience. See if you can find the Manager of room stewards in your area. I had a problem and he was to solve it for me. Try and enjoy the rest of your cruise.

22 hours ago, purplethorn said:

Small aside, the amount of dust in your picture would take about two weeks or more to accumulate. It appears that somebody "wiped the shelf" recently but missed that section. Could this possibly have been a room that was not attended to because it was not occupied on the transatlantic?

One guess is that it was not cleaned when it left Baltimore because no one was booked in the room the week following its last use. Upon its next use, it was assumed to be clean because it was not used (you).

Not an excuse for it but I cannot see a table getting that dusty under two weeks. The dust had to have a chance to settle with very little movement or airflow in the cabin.

I am humble enough to say that I have cleaned many a room in my lifetime.

On 6/22/2023 at 9:13 AM, purplethorn said:

Today’s tender to Zakynthos is a disaster.

We are tender number 16, They have called 1-6 for the past 3 hours and only 1 and 2 actually have left the ship.

We had a rental car booked, but I don't think its happening. Never tendered before , is this normal?

Hello, did you learn why it took so long?

I heard Zakynthos is not a port suitable for big cruises ships but 3 hours just to get 6 tenders ashore is too long!

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently on Enchantment and it is great! Our cabin steward is so fantastic. The first day we got on board he came to introduce himself and we had noticed there were only 2 towels but need 3 and asked if he can bring another one. Since then he has made sure every day we have enough. Also, on set sail day there was a suitcase issue where 2 of us had gotten them they were at our room when they said we can go to our rooms but hours later one suitcase did not appear so mentioned it and he said he would check. We were out of the room for a while and when we came back the suitcase was in our room. Every time we run into him in the hallway he says hello to us by saying each of our names and always asks if we need anything and how our day is going. A few of the greeters at WJ remember our names as well. Now on to the MDR. The other 2 family members have food allergies and it is just like it was before where we go there once we board and they figure out that they can do for that first night and then after that they show the menu for the next day before we leave so they have time to prepare. And so far the food has been great in both venues.

Edited by CynBeth6
  • Like 1