New RCI cruiser - price drops?

Hello - I tried this post before and it didn't seem to go thru - apologies if it's duplicate.

I've been on many cruises on other lines but this is the first on RCI (16 night Panama Canal, oct 2024, held a nonrefundable deposit ocean view room).

Does RCI do price drops (obc or money off final payment) bedore and/or after final payment? I can only find information about the first 48 hours after booking under their price guarantee. 

Thank you for help, RCI Experts! 

Once you pay your final payment, you can't get any money back if price drops.  If price drops before final payment, you could rebook under new price.  You will have to monitor price and call RCI when it drops.  Your booking won't automatically be recalculated.

Edited by moposh

1 hour ago, seraphim24 said:

Hello - I tried this post before and it didn't seem to go thru - apologies if it's duplicate.

I've been on many cruises on other lines but this is the first on RCI (16 night Panama Canal, oct 2024, held a nonrefundable deposit ocean view room).

Does RCI do price drops (obc or money off final payment) bedore and/or after final payment? I can only find information about the first 48 hours after booking under their price guarantee. 

Thank you for help, RCI Experts! 

yes they do have price drops before final payment.  BUT, I will say this, we are on that same Panama Canal cruise next year, and I can almost guarantee you 1000%, that the prices will not drop.  It is now almost double what we paid for it.  It is the only Panama Canal cruise they are offering and almost all of it is already sold out, so I would not count on any price drops on that cruise.  I am so happy I booked as soon as it was released as it as only skyrocketed in price since then.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, karena1 said:

yes they do have price drops before final payment.  BUT, I will say this, we are on that same Panama Canal cruise next year, and I can almost guarantee you 1000%, that the prices will not drop.  It is now almost double what we paid for it.  It is the only Panama Canal cruise they are offering and almost all of it is already sold out, so I would not count on any price drops on that cruise.  I am so happy I booked as soon as it was released as it as only skyrocketed in price since then.

Thank you for the info! That helps alot ! Appreciate the insight!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moposh said:

you could rebook under new price.

It may be semantics, but an important distinction, but it's a reprice, not a rebook.

If you mention the word "rebook" to an RC agent you might find you have rebooking fees.

A reprice is free.

• Like 1