Arvia med cruise individual drinks prices

perfectpete

Hi anyone on a med cruise can let me know the bar prices of some of the drinks ie draft/botted beer , vodka and gin also what’s water and soft drinks , just trying to work out if it’s worth paying the £40 pppd for the drinks package on out med 14oct arvia cruise . Thankyou in advance 

34 minutes ago, perfectpete said:

Hi anyone on a med cruise can let me know the bar prices of some of the drinks ie draft/botted beer , vodka and gin also what’s water and soft drinks , just trying to work out if it’s worth paying the £40 pppd for the drinks package on out med 14oct arvia cruise . Thankyou in advance 

Unless you're a serious alcoholic for the full cruise it's almost certainly not worth it. I think the only package that makes sense for most people is the soft drinks package for £10pppd. A pint is about a fiver. Draught soda is roughly 3 quid. Drinks involving spirits and mixers are a bit more expensive than pints. If you drink wine don't buy bottles. The by the glass prices are actually cheaper.

Edited by Lee117five0
  • Like 2

Wow very comprehensive list thank you so much Jeanie 😁👍this makes it easier to decide 🤔 I’m assuming they don’t change the prices for later cruises in the med either up or  down as ours is the last one before it goes to the Caribbean 

1 hour ago, perfectpete said:

No it's not.

1 minute ago, Lee117five0 said:

According to JeanieC though, it is. So 🤷‍♀️

If you think that the two of you can get through £80 worth of drinks per day, then go for it. Most can't. Going by your description of your habits, definitely not.

2 hours ago, perfectpete said:

Further to the bar menu posted by JeanieC, you won't pay more than £5.40 for a draught beer; that is for Birra Moretti. Punk IPA, Jolly Olly IPA, and guest ales are £5.30. Lower priced pints are between £5.05 and £5.15.

Cocktails are about £7, rising to £8.75 or more for premium ones.

Mocktails are £3.75.

A large (pint glass) lime and soda is £2.05.

A splash of a mixed is a lot cheaper than getting a can. It used to be 95p (April), but bar prices have just gone up.

If you want a free glass of iced water, those are available at all bars.

Buying wine by the 250ml glass works out cheaper than buying a bottle. Buying sparkling by the 125ml glass does not.

Costa coffee prices:

Screenshot_20230616-2143472.thumb.png.c048195bc5cc8ddc43630fc7371f94da.png

Screenshot_20230616-2143582.thumb.png.943a3a99bd03291957c7ba3f06f93281.png

Drinks prices have just increased, so the quoted prices should still be valid when you sail.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FangedRose said:

If you think that the two of you can get through £80 worth of drinks per day, then go for it. Most can't. Going by your description of your habits, definitely not.

2 hours ago, FangedRose said:

No it's not.

Hi.

I think with this often asked question any answer must include the words,,,’for me’.

There can be no definitive answer or yes or no.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TigerB said:

Further to the bar menu posted by JeanieC, you won't pay more than £5.40 for a draught beer; that is for Birra Moretti. Punk IPA, Jolly Olly IPA, and guest ales are £5.30. Lower priced pints are between £5.05 and £5.15.

Cocktails are about £7, rising to £8.75 or more for premium ones.

Mocktails are £3.75.

A large (pint glass) lime and soda is £2.05.

A splash of a mixed is a lot cheaper than getting a can. It used to be 95p (April), but bar prices have just gone up.

If you want a free glass of iced water, those are available at all bars.

Buying wine by the 250ml glass works out cheaper than buying a bottle. Buying sparkling by the 125ml glass does not.

Costa coffee prices:

Screenshot_20230616-2143472.thumb.png.c048195bc5cc8ddc43630fc7371f94da.png

Screenshot_20230616-2143582.thumb.png.943a3a99bd03291957c7ba3f06f93281.png

Drinks prices have just increased, so the quoted prices should still be valid when you sail.

thanks I’ve just rang P&O about upgrading our cabin to a balcony and asked about if you can buy the DP. on board they said you can but only for the first 2 days so I’m looking at all the prices and don’t think we would use the DP as prices seem quite reasonable but we will see how we go first 2 days and then decide at the end of the 2nd day 👍

• Like 1

3 hours ago, perfectpete said:

thanks I’ve just rang P&O about upgrading our cabin to a balcony and asked about if you can buy the DP. on board they said you can but only for the first 2 days so I’m looking at all the prices and don’t think we would use the DP as prices seem quite reasonable but we will see how we go first 2 days and then decide at the end of the 2nd day 👍

We drink a fair bit on board and some days we probably go over the dp rate, but over the course of the cruise we don't get anywhere near it. 

I worry that if we had the package, I would be pushing myself to get my monies worth. 

Also, we like the odd cocktail and don't believe they are included in the standard package. 

Have a great cruise, 

Andy 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

We drink a fair bit on board and some days we probably go over the dp rate, but over the course of the cruise we don't get anywhere near it. 

I worry that if we had the package, I would be pushing myself to get my monies worth. 

Also, we like the odd cocktail and don't believe they are included in the standard package. 

Have a great cruise, 

Andy 

On our Fjords cruise the drinks menus have letters next to most items, denoting which drinks package they are included in. I don't recall seeing that on earlier menus, but I could be wrong.

I think it is just the basic cocktails that are included in the standard package, the ones that were about £6.95, but have since gone up.  The premium cocktails, like the ones I have posted about on the G318 thread, certainly aren't.

• Like 2

My wife drinks Prosecco,,,x1 before dinner,x2 with dinner and a couple after dinner,add a couple of Americanos in Costa and a bottle of pop around the pool in the afternoon.

I like a pint of John Smiths or Guinness and a Jameson’s.

A pint of Guinness before dinner x2 glasses of wine with dinner,a couple of pints after dinner with a large Jamie’s nightcap with an Espresso Machiato….not counting a pop or two around the pool and I am quids in.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TigerB said:

On our Fjords cruise the drinks menus have letters next to most items, denoting which drinks package they are included in. I don't recall seeing that on earlier menus, but I could be wrong.

I think it is just the basic cocktails that are included in the standard package, the ones that were about £6.95, but have since gone up.  The premium cocktails, like the ones I have posted about on the G318 thread, certainly aren't.

Hi 

The letter denote which package the drinks are included in,,,,,they now have x2 alcoholic packages….Classic and Deluxe,,,,,so you will see C or D.

If you see Spirits under D they are doubles.

• Thanks 1

On 6/22/2023 at 11:15 AM, FangedRose said:

Agree, we like the odd coffee, don't do soft drinks at all, have drinks in the bar early evening, bottle of wine with the meal and maybe one afterwards.  The package would be double what we spend and then there's the days when you are off the ship or not feeling well.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Agree, we like the odd coffee, don't do soft drinks at all, have drinks in the bar early evening, bottle of wine with the meal and maybe one afterwards.  The package would be double what we spend and then there's the days when you are off the ship or not feeling well.

Agreed 👍 

22 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi 

The letter denote which package the drinks are included in,,,,,they now have x2 alcoholic packages….Classic and Deluxe,,,,,so you will see C or D.

If you see Spirits under D they are doubles.

What does the 'A' mean?