13 Days to go and GTY cabin still not allocated

19 hours ago, Lois R said:

LOL....I get it.  Actually, they had issued me a cabin on deck 7 about a week before I got a call about this one. I was thinking they were going to tell me it would cost me x amount and I was just going to stay on deck 7, which would have been fine with me. When they told me it was complimentary, I almost fell out of my Lazy Boy LOL

I think they are teasing you with that upgrade and hoping once you experience a Silver Suite, you won’t be able to go back to a regular cabin.  After all, you do cruise frequently on SS and they do want to keep you VERY happy!  I know on another line, they did that for Mrs Banjo and myself, it was almost impossible to go back once you experience the “suite life” .

19 minutes ago, crusinbanjo said:

I think they are teasing you with that upgrade and hoping once you experience a Silver Suite, you won’t be able to go back to a regular cabin.  After all, you do cruise frequently on SS and they do want to keep you VERY happy!  I know on another line, they did that for Mrs Banjo and myself, it was almost impossible to go back once you experience the “suite life” .

Good morning, I know on this board finances are rarely, if ever discussed but I will just say, in my own case, I could NEVER afford a Silver Suite😮 and their regular staterooms are more than big enough for me😃

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, I know on this board finances are rarely, if ever discussed but I will just say, in my own case, I could NEVER afford a Silver Suite😮 and their regular staterooms are more than big enough for me😃

You know that, we might know that, but SS doesn’t know that, (for sure).   But, hey, if they offered me a Silver Suite upgrade, I would certainly not turn it down……….   ……So just enjoy it and maybe they will do it again on a future cruise…. I am so jealous, (just kidding), you deserve it!

We paid for a Silver Suite on our first Silversea cruise. Our previous cruises had been on luxury cruise lines, and the Silver Suite was the biggest cabin we had ever had, but not the most expensive. But, it was amazing, and since we had a single relative onboard with us in another cabin, we enjoyed the extra space for dinner in our cabin when we didn't want to do formal dress.  But we didn't receive anything extra on that cruise, and were never offered anything from Silversea after that as far as a good deal or discount. So consider yourself very lucky to get an upgrade to a Silver Suite.

We did, however, book the Silversea World cruise in 2025, since the itinerary was what we wanted for many new ports, and those we enjoyed in the past. Dawn is bigger than we like for a cruise ship, but has many public areas (restaurants, bars, fitness center). But there was no way we could afford anything more than a Veranda Suite, and there's no chance of an upgrade that doesn't double the price of the cruise (and is only available now and then when someone cancels). We booked in August of last year with a very large deposit. We won't find out about included flights until sometime next year.

Hi SWFLAOK, I know I am lucky, believe me. I take nothing for granted. I never expected it and will never expect it again. I sail solo and the normal verandas are plenty big enough for me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crusinbanjo said:

You know that, we might know that, but SS doesn’t know that, (for sure).   But, hey, if they offered me a Silver Suite upgrade, I would certainly not turn it down……….   ……So just enjoy it and maybe they will do it again on a future cruise…. I am so jealous, (just kidding), you deserve it!

I seriously doubt it......from what I heard, the cruise was not sold out and so I guess they just decided to offer it. But I did enjoy it but as for the future, no holding my breath, that is for sure. But thanks for saying that🙂 I appreciate it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SWFLAOK said:

We did, however, book the Silversea World cruise in 2025, since the itinerary was what we wanted for many new ports, and those we enjoyed in the past. Dawn is bigger than we like for a cruise ship, but has many public areas (restaurants, bars, fitness center).

See you there! We're booked on the second leg of this WC, and we have a GTY booking. I'm sure that they will assign us a stateroom at some point before then; otherwise, we'll be the ones sleeping out on the pool deck.

Edited by jpalbny
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, 5waldos said:

Finally- 10 days out, An upgrade from Adventurer to Vista. Which will suit us very well. And I can stop the obsessive checking! Yes one of the luxury suites would have been nice but never imagined that was in the cards. 

Mrs Banjo and I are 15 days away from embarking on the Dawn and still not been assigned a cabin.  But, as long as we get in the level we bought or better, we will be 😊 happy.  Getting excited!!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2023 at 5:51 PM, crusinbanjo said:

Mrs Banjo and I are 15 days away from embarking on the Dawn and still not been assigned a cabin.  But, as long as we get in the level we bought or better, we will be 😊 happy.  Getting excited!!!

Mrs Banjo and I received our cabin assignment today for the October 6 sailing on the Dawn.  We had originally booked a Panorama suite guarantee, “Port to Port” and took advantage of the 20% discount for full payment up front.  So today we were upgraded to a superior veranda suite in what I think is a very favorable position on the ship.  Yippee, getting very excited!!!  

Edited by crusinbanjo
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, crusinbanjo said:

Mrs Banjo and I received our cabin assignment today for the October 6 sailing on the Dawn.  We had originally booked a Panorama suite guarantee, “Port to Port” and took advantage of the 20% discount for full payment up front.  So today we were upgraded to a superior veranda suite in what I think is a very favorable position on the ship.  Yippee, getting very excited!!!  

Good deal!  At today's prices, that upgrade was worth about $2,200 and a veranda.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, crusinbanjo said:

Congrats🙂

• Like 1