Cagney Steakhouse Breakfast & Lunch - Menu & Costs

IsanTom

On 6/24/2023 at 1:47 PM, Russiamomm said:

Cagney is not open for breakfast or lunch.  On ships without a full Haven (no restaurant), Cagneys or Moderno is open for Haven guests at no charge.  But is not available unless you are in the Haven.  At least that’s my understanding. 

True that.

5 hours ago, GORDONCHICK said:

Weeeelllll, not 100% accurate.  There are VIPs that are sometimes on that list but not in a suite and they do get that perk.  That's a very few and far between exception but it is there - and true.

I can vouch for that.  We have sailed in the Haven twice, but in non-Haven staterooms 30 other times.  On two of those 30 cruises, the GM invited us to join the Suite / Haven guests in Cagney's / Moderno for breakfast and lunch.

4 hours ago, UKstages said:

that’s probably true… but how much of a “VIP” are they if they are not in a suite?

It's not what you know, it's who you know.  A lot of folks have posted on this website that they have no interest in attending Latitudes parties, CC Meet & Greets, or otherwise getting to know any of the ship's officers.  My wife and I take a different approach.  We do get to know the officers.  Occasionally, albeit rarely, that connection results in some extra perks - like paying for a Balcony stateroom but receiving the benefits of a Suite or the Haven, or an additional night in a specialty restaurant at no extra charge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

It's not what you know, it's who you know.  A lot of folks have posted on this website that they have no interest in attending Latitudes parties, CC Meet & Greets, or otherwise getting to know any of the ship's officers.  My wife and I take a different approach.  We do get to know the officers.  Occasionally, albeit rarely, that connection results in some extra perks - like paying for a Balcony stateroom but receiving the benefits of a Suite or the Haven, or an additional night in a specialty restaurant at no extra charge.

We were on the list more than half of our NCL sailings.  Never have sailed in a suite.  We even had lunch in Cagney's with the GM (HD at the time).  We already had access to it for lunch, but he had great stories and some extra special dishes came with it, too.

10 minutes ago, GORDONCHICK said:

We were on the list more than half of our NCL sailings.  Never have sailed in a suite.  We even had lunch in Cagney's with the GM (HD at the time).  We already had access to it for lunch, but he had great stories and some extra special dishes came with it, too.

Just when I start to think I've been dealt a great hand, someone comes along and plays a trump card!  Your "more than half" sure beats my 2 out of 30.  Oh well, good on you for raking in the perks.

Just now, The Traveling Man said:

Just when I start to think I've been dealt a great hand, someone comes along and plays a trump card!  Your "more than half" sure beats my 2 out of 30.  Oh well, good on you for raking in the perks.

How did you think I knew about the VIP thing?  And the % is well over half, but not all.  And it won't be on this upcoming cruise either.  All my peeps have moved on.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GORDONCHICK said:

How did you think I knew about the VIP thing?  And the % is well over half, but not all.  And it won't be on this upcoming cruise either.  All my peeps have moved on.

Well, I knew about it because of our two times getting the VIP treatment, but I'm still envious of your frequent perks.

Cruise lines maintain a list of interesting people.  A friend sails RCCI exclusively, never in more than a balcony but he and his wife are usually invited to dinner with the captain.   He believes that ships maintain a list of peope who have dined with senior officers.  Those who are interesting conversationalists, don't over-indulge in alcohol, and generally, don't embarras the Captain are often invited back.  He says that it doesn't matter the ship, about sixty percent of the time they will find an inviation for dinner in their cabin.

10 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

Well, I knew about it because of our two times getting the VIP treatment, but I'm still envious of your frequent perks.

It's also friends &/or relatives of officers.  We boarded once with a lady who was friends with the ship's dr.  It was her first cruise.