Cagney Steakhouse Breakfast & Lunch - Menu & Costs

IsanTom

27 minutes ago, IsanTom said:

We'll be on the Sun in October and I have seen reviews where Cagney's is open for Breakfast & Lunch. Does anybody know the Menus and/or Costs?

Thanks

There are no costs because it's a breakfast and lunch venue available only to suite passengers.

On the ships built after the Jewel class (the first is the Epic) there is instead a dedicated Haven restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner for Haven passengers. If you do a little hunting on the board for reviews of cruises on the larger ships you should find one where the Haven breakfast and lunch menus are shown. they should be essentially identical to what suite passengers on the Sun will have in Cagney's.

• Like 3

Cagney is not open for breakfast or lunch.  On ships without a full Haven (no restaurant), Cagneys or Moderno is open for Haven guests at no charge.  But is not available unless you are in the Haven.  At least that’s my understanding. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

There are no costs because it's a breakfast and lunch venue available only to suite passengers.

On the ships built after the Jewel class (the first is the Epic) there is instead a dedicated Haven restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner for Haven passengers. If you do a little hunting on the board for reviews of cruises on the larger ships you should find one where the Haven breakfast and lunch menus are shown. they should be essentially identical to what suite passengers on the Sun will have in Cagney's.

Thanks

22 minutes ago, Russiamomm said:

Cagney is not open for breakfast or lunch.  On ships without a full Haven (no restaurant), Cagneys or Moderno is open for Haven guests at no charge.  But is not available unless you are in the Haven.  At least that’s my understanding. 

The Sun not only doesn't have a "full Haven", it has no Haven at all. Only ships with no Haven such as the Sun, or with a Haven that doesn't have a Haven restaurant, such as the Jewel class ships, all suites, not just Haven suites, have access to Cagney's or Moderno for breakfast and lunch.

Edited by njhorseman
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

The Sun not only doesn't have a "full Haven", it has no Haven at all. Only ships with no Haven such as the Sun, or with a Haven That doesn't have a Haven restaurant, such as the Jewel class ships, suites, not just Haven suites, have access to Cagney's or Moderno for breakfast and lunch.

Thanks.  I’ve been on the Gem, but not the Sky or similar class ship, so my answer was based on that experience.  Is Cagney's only open for breakfast and lunch for suite guests on these ships, is it open to anyone for a cost, or  is it not open at all?  I think that was the oP’s question.

Just now, Russiamomm said:

Thanks.  I’ve been on the Gem, but not the Sky or similar class ship, so my answer was based on that experience.  Is Cagney's only open for breakfast and lunch for suite guests on these ships, is it open to anyone for a cost, or  is it not open at all?  I think that was the oP’s question.

It's only open to suite guests, and there's no charge, as I explained in post #6, which answered the OP's question.

• Like 1

they are typically the same menus as the haven breakfast and lunch menus.

also, moderno usually hosts the breakfast (on ships that have a moderno), since they have a salad bar that can be co-opted for a breakfast buffet, which is available in addition to the menu items. cagney's typically hosts the lunch.

• Like 1

And please keep in mind that the breakfast and lunch menus for suite guests in Moderno and Cagney’s are not menus of those otherwise specialty dinner venues. Moderno and Cagney’s are merely the physical spaces used for breakfast and lunch for suite guests on ships without a Haven restaurant. 

Such a shame they couldn't do a dinner option with the Haven menu too. Disappointing to pay Haven costs on the Star but have MDR food every night for dinner. Really would have liked to have my "Surf and Turf" option!

12 minutes ago, sherylc said:

Such a shame they couldn't do a dinner option with the Haven menu too. Disappointing to pay Haven costs on the Star but have MDR food every night for dinner. Really would have liked to have my "Surf and Turf" option!

Try an NCL ship that actually has a Haven.

they are both open to only passengers sailing in a suite. you cannot get  in  even if you wish to pay for the meal.

usually breakfast in moderno, and lunch in cagneys. by the way, the menus  for both have not changed in years. if youre booked into a suite, you'll get priority boarding, and be taken directly to cagneys for lunch. i can just sit down and without even looking at the menu,  know what's avaailaable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sherylc said:

We booked a Star DOS for the same price as the spa balcony from our cancelled Epic cruise in December.  I’d love to have the Haven dinner menu and pool, but I’m thrilled with the lower cost. The ‘real’ Haven is getting a little out of reach lately, especially for a port intensive cruise where we’re too tired to do much more than strap on the buffet feed bag at night.

5 hours ago, complawyer said:

they are both open to only passengers sailing in a suite. you cannot get  in  even if you wish to pay for the meal.

usually breakfast in moderno, and lunch in cagneys. by the way, the menus  for both have not changed in years. if youre booked into a suite, you'll get priority boarding, and be taken directly to cagneys for lunch. i can just sit down and without even looking at the menu,  know what's avaailaable.

All suites except the Joy Penthouse suites......they used to get this perk but they took it away along with other perks.  And never lowered the cost of the cabin

On 6/25/2023 at 3:59 PM, sherylc said:

Agreed! And likely why we will never cruise on one of the smaller ships. Though, recent reviews about Jewel and Star have intrigued me...still, at the end of the day, the Haven Restaurant (breakfast, lunch, AND dinner) is one of the primary reasons we book Haven. No Haven Restaurant = no cruise for us, sadly. 

• Like 1

On 6/25/2023 at 3:40 PM, complawyer said:

Weeeelllll, not 100% accurate.  There are VIPs that are sometimes on that list but not in a suite and they do get that perk.  That's a very few and far between exception but it is there - and true.