Royal Caribbean Cocktail Recipes

On 8/7/2023 at 5:21 AM, PG_Cruiser said:

I thought I'd be able to say that I've covered all the special cocktails at the Schooner Bar but they just started rolling out new menus!  

ScreenShot2023-08-07at8_08_28AM.thumb.png.c07161f8d6266e050f1b6a37ba576f74.png

Can someone please help me get the official recipe for these new cocktails?

Tropical Sidecar
Toasted Marshmallow Old Fashioned
Peanut Butter Tropic
Parrot Punch
Tropic Rye
Sea & T
Irish Peach
Southern Belle

IMPORTANT NOTE:  Please do not post copycat versions. I only need Royal's official recipes for this project.  Maybe someday, I'll start series on "better" copycat versions.

That explains why we couldn’t find the Habanero and Grapefruit Daiquiri on the Schooner Bar menu.  Kept looking and looking, and it just wasn’t anywhere! At least I found your recipe here. We’ve saved it and will see if they can possibly make it onboard Allure. The problem might be the habanero syrup….

7 minutes ago, sdsseattle said:

That explains why we couldn’t find the Habanero and Grapefruit Daiquiri on the Schooner Bar menu.  Kept looking and looking, and it just wasn’t anywhere! At least I found your recipe here. We’ve saved it and will see if they can possibly make it onboard Allure. The problem might be the habanero syrup….

Were you looking at the new menus? On which ship?

I started making Bolero's Mojitos when I found out about Monin's Mint Mojito syrup (I even grow my own mint), but other drinks I make just don't turn out right!  I love Lemon Drop Martinis, but even with something that simple, you'd be surprised at the nuances that change it.  One day on Liberty at the bar behind Windjammer I had one and it was the best I ever tasted.  The bartender there said she uses orange zest and that was the secret ingredient.  She made the martini and then twisted an orange peel on top of the glass, you could actually see the orange oils fizzing into the glass, then she garnished with an orange slice...that was the trick.  Ewwww, you could smell the orange as you sipped it!!  😋  I always ask for them with orange peel now.  Bolero's on Odyssey made them for me...perfect!

4 hours ago, PG_Cruiser said:

HAVANA SPECIAL
Rumba
Boleros

HavanaSpecial.thumb.jpeg.9a94b286496db99f8b1193a2e6cb1c6e.jpeg

I hadn't noticed this one before when I've been on board, and it's actually one I might like. Most of their specialty cocktails have way too much sugar in them for me, and while this one has some sweet inclusions, it might be balanced by the juice, I'm hoping. Thanks for posting these!

29 minutes ago, CntPAcruiser said:

I hadn't noticed this one before when I've been on board, and it's actually one I might like. Most of their specialty cocktails have way too much sugar in them for me, and while this one has some sweet inclusions, it might be balanced by the juice, I'm hoping. Thanks for posting these!

You're right, it was wasn't that sweet.  I liked the combination of the pineapple juice with the Luxardo liqueur.

1 minute ago, PG_Cruiser said:

You're right, it was wasn't that sweet.  I liked the combination of the pineapple juice with the Luxardo liqueur.

Rum, maraschino, and pineapple is a classic combination, and the lime juice would turn it toward a more tropical drink, though I wonder if they use real lime or just sour mix. That would only make it sweeter and throw off the balance.

28 minutes ago, CntPAcruiser said:

Rum, maraschino, and pineapple is a classic combination, and the lime juice would turn it toward a more tropical drink, though I wonder if they use real lime or just sour mix. That would only make it sweeter and throw off the balance.

They use Finest Call lime juice on most ships.

49 minutes ago, PG_Cruiser said:

They use Finest Call lime juice on most ships.

That's helpful to know. Presumably they also have a lemon juice. Wish we could get them to stock orange bitters. I've taken to bringing a travel-size bottle of my own to swirl in after the fact when I order a drink that should have them.

1 hour ago, CntPAcruiser said:

That's helpful to know. Presumably they also have a lemon juice. Wish we could get them to stock orange bitters. I've taken to bringing a travel-size bottle of my own to swirl in after the fact when I order a drink that should have them.

Their recipe for "New Fashioned" on the Schooner Bar menu includes orange bitters.  So they should have it in stock.

1 minute ago, PG_Cruiser said:

Their recipe for "New Fashioned" on the Schooner Bar menu includes orange bitters.  So they should have it in stock.

Thanks for pointing that out. I've asked on a few cruises and have never actually found them in stock, however. They probably don't have Peychaud's either, but I'll have to check for those next time, too.

2 hours ago, CntPAcruiser said:

They probably don't have Peychaud's either, but I'll have to check for those next time, too.

Peychaud's Bitters is in "Wondering Ice", a cocktail that is no longer on the Wonderland menu.  I don't know if they'll still serve it upon upon request. But if ever they'd have Peychaud's, the Wonderland bar you be your best bet.

image.png.50c7ecf27abfcdd5560667c7b1ef8362.png

1 hour ago, PG_Cruiser said:

Peychaud's Bitters is in "Wondering Ice", a cocktail that is no longer on the Wonderland menu.  I don't know if they'll still serve it upon upon request. But if ever they'd have Peychaud's, the Wonderland bar you be your best bet.

image.png.50c7ecf27abfcdd5560667c7b1ef8362.png

We tend to stick with the smaller, older ships but you never know! Thanks again. Until then, I'll continue to bring my little travel set of bitters.