Port of Miami

Tatertottie

Just received notice that the Port of Miami is temporarily closed to do a boating "incident". I was scheduled to board the Carnival Celebration today but they are delayed because they cannot dock. Only found 1 news article that doesn't explain much. Does anyone know what happened? I certainly hope that everyone is safe. 

https://snbc13.com/port-of-miami-accident-authorities-investigating-florida-boating-crash-closed/

This will definitely make for a long day and I certainly hate it for all the folks who are supposed to sail today (and for those who are likely missing their flights home). With that said, I my heart goes out to those involved in the accident and they are in my prayers. 

Reports say a 30ft boat crashed into the Fischer Island Ferry. One person from the boat is dead.

madthumper was posting as I was writing. Sorry for the double info.

Edited by Pyrate13

Thank you all for the information. I'm very sorry to hear of the loss of life and my heart goes out to their families and friends. I hope that everyone scheduled to leave today has a safe and fun vacation despite our delay. 

Yacht has reportedly sunk in the channel.  Will need to be removed before cruise ships can dock.  Expect several hours.  Someone on an MSC ship just reported that the ship started a movie, to give you some idea.