post covid muster drills?

cthrn27

12 hours ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

Not sure if this varies from how Carnival does it but on Royal you complete the entire drill on your app and then report to your Muster Station to have the app scanned saying you completed it.

We just did muster on Royal 2 weeks ago. They asked us at check-in if we watched the video. "Yep, sure mmhmm" and then as soon as we stepped on the ship we went to our 2 muster stations and they scanned our boarding passes on our phones and off we went. Much faster than Carnival, where they actually want to show you how to put on a life jacket. 

6 minutes ago, aborgman said:

You're pretty unusual.

Current numbers are ~91% of Americans, and ~86% of the world population have a smartphone.

I swore my wifes great grandmother was the last person on the planet to get a smartphone when she got hers a few years ago. She's 91. 

2 hours ago, aborgman said:

You're pretty unusual.

Current numbers are ~91% of Americans, and ~86% of the world population have a smartphone.

I never claimed to be anything but unusual .🤣

There is an old song by Paul Butterfield that was the theme song to a movie, Steelyard Blues. The name of the song is "Being Different Ain't Never Been a Crime". I believe in that.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I never claimed to be anything but unusual .🤣

There is an old song by Paul Butterfield that was the theme song to a movie, Steelyard Blues. The name of the song is "Being Different Ain't Never Been a Crime". I believe in that.

Being outside the mainstream ain't a crime - but it definitely has opportunity costs, and the world will move on without you and it'll be your problem to solve that issue.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ontheweb said:

And if DW is the rest of my party, and she only has a flip phone that she rarely uses?

Then at some point in the future, you won't be going on a cruise.

Although I think only taking e-tickets will come to airlines relatively soon, so if you need to fly to your cruise that will probably be a problem first.

4 hours ago, ontheweb said:

And if DW is the rest of my party, and she only has a flip phone that she rarely uses?

Then you have 2 choices:

1.) Upgrade your phone to a smart phone

2.) Change cruise lines to one that does in-person drills

Edited by broadwaybaby123

I’m reminded of a joke.

How can you deduce if you’re with someone who is a former Marine, someone who doesn’t own a TV, or someone who doesn’t fly?

You don’t have to deduce it: they will tell you.

3 minutes ago, Elkins45 said:

I’m reminded of a joke.

How can you deduce if you’re with someone who is a former Marine, someone who doesn’t own a TV, or someone who doesn’t fly?

You don’t have to deduce it: they will tell you.

Heard plenty of similar jokes. Just substitute:

Is a vegan

Does Cross Fit

Went to Notre Dame 

• Like 1

Last cruise on Carnival was right at the restart, Christmas cruise. We did not watch anything on our phones or have anything scanned on our phones. We went to our muster station and they scanned our key card.

Sounds like that's changed? We will be on Carnival again in Sept and want to be prepared for whatever the current process is.

BTW - HAL has you watch a safety video on the cabin TV then go to your station to get your key card scanned. The TV will not change channels until the safety video is played. And pre-Covid, they had everyone go to their assigned station and line up packed like sardines at their lifeboat so you knew where it was. Got a tutorial on how to put on flotation gear while there. They didn't start until everyone assigned to that muster station was there and had their card scanned - it was brutal but we did learn where our lifeboat was. Now whether you remembered it if needed is entirely another thing.

Edited by Haljo1935