Price Adjustment Question

Gull

My apologies if this has been asked before - I searched and couldn't find it.

I booked a cruise in late May and now the exact same cruise with same offers is now available for less. The Oceania Rep I used has not been very helpful with questions about a price adjustment. I'm tempted to cancel and rebook, this time using a TA.

Has anyone been able to get an adjustment?

5 minutes ago, Gull said:

I booked a cruise in late May and now the exact same cruise with same offers is now available for less. The Oceania Rep I used has not been very helpful with questions about a price adjustment. I'm tempted to cancel and rebook, this time using a TA.

If there is truly a net savings you should be able to get it. That said, talk to a TA today (or call the O line and talk to a different rep); fares change on July 1st and you will be required to use the new SimplyMore program (replacing cruise only and OLife), plus sales end June 30th and fares may (almost certainly will) go up.

• Like 1

Call  & just speak to someone  at O  if still no satisfaction then ask for  a supervisor  or someone higher up the food chain

If there is availability in the cabin category that you have booked it should not be  a problem

Before you cancel check the fine print to make sure you are not in the penalty time frame

JMO

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gull said:

I’ve gotten many O price adjustments -particularly when the original reservation was a book onboard with low price natch guarantee.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Gull said:

... I booked a cruise in late May and now the exact same cruise with same offers is now available for less. The Oceania Rep I used has not been very helpful with questions about a price adjustment. I'm tempted to cancel and rebook, this time using a TA. Has anyone been able to get an adjustment? 

I book my own cruises with O trying to use the same O rep since first booking with O in January 2021. Get to know a O rep and stick with him/her. Get their phone extension/e-mail.

I try to book a G/F when I first find a cruise I like. Then I rebook the cruise to a better cabin at a future sale. So I may go from F to C to A3. Did that exactly on Riviera on my late 2023 10 night cruise that I ordinally booked in early 2022 and have then upgraded to a better cabin at lower rates twice, the last time off the Extraordinary Savings Sale. The A3 at $1899 PP less expensive than the C rate that had been on sale which was only slightly more expensive than the original F cabin rate.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, MEFIowa said:

I book my own cruises with O trying to use the same O rep since first booking with O in January 2021. Get to know a O rep and stick with him/her. Get their phone extension/e-mail.

I try to book a G/F when I first find a cruise I like. Then I rebook the cruise to a better cabin at a future sale. So I may go from F to C to A3. Did that exactly on Riviera on my late 2023 10 night cruise that I ordinally booked in early 2022 and have then upgraded to a better cabin at lower rates twice, the last time off the Extraordinary Savings Sale. The A3 at $1899 PP less expensive than the C rate that had been on sale which was only slightly more expensive than the original F cabin rate.

When you say you rebook, does that mean you have to cancel and book a new reservation, or does that mean you simply call and change to a different cabin at a lower rate than it might have been when you first booked?

It means you keep your current booking...number stays the same..cabin and pricing changed if you choose to do so. Same thing happens if you change your booking to utilize benefits of new post July 1 Simply More program.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SSFrance69 said:

When you say you rebook, does that mean you have to cancel and book a new reservation, or does that mean you simply call and change to a different cabin at a lower rate than it might have been when you first booked?

I think he waits for the sales then gets his cruise repriced to the  new deal

I am guessing  though

• Thanks 1

Same booking number for our C ($1994 PP, Apr 2022) to B4 ($2249 PP, May 2022 to B3 ($1749 PP, Apr 2023) on Riviera, for example. The booking number stays the same. I just changed the cabin and go with the new sales price for it.

As you can see, I'm using the sales to get to better cabins at good or hopefully lower prices.