Ocean suite vs balcony room on Vista

Erinj2009

We are looking at the 5/26 sailing for the Vista and trying to decide if upgrading to the ocean suite (deck 7) over a balcony room (deck 8 ) is worth it. It will be my husband and myself plus our 2 daughters (11 and 12). The price difference is about $1300 which seems like a lot, but we like the idea of some extra space and faster check in. I’ve also seen that they have large walk in closets which I think would be helpful for changing clothes with 4 of us in the cabin. Havana suite isn’t an option due to our children sadly.  Would love any feedback on if it’s worth the money or if we are better off spending that on something else. Thank you!! 

We received a phone call to upgrade to an ocean suite for $600 on the Magic a couple of months back. It was an accessible cabin, so it was even a little larger than the regular ocean suites. It was amazing! There was a separate changing area, two sinks, a tub and a shower. The room was huge! I am not sure how big a regular ocean suite is in comparison to the accessible, but you would most definitely enjoy the extra space. However, like you said, $1300 is a big jump. If you have the extra money, I say do it! But beware, you will never want to stay in a regular balcony cabin again! If it was me, I would stick to the regular balcony and book another cruise with the $1300! The $600 we spent to upgrade was split among myself and two of my sisters. It was a no brainer for us! Plus, I booked that cruise during the 50% off 50th birthday sale! I don’t think we will ever see those prices again.  Enjoy your cruise whatever you decide!

OS always better for us!  We have had on various CCL ships and with 3 of us in our family, well worth the extra money for the extra space.  Someone can be dressing and getting ready in the "dressing room" area while someone is in the bathroom for a shower or getting ready in there.  I believe you should have a jacuzzi tub in bathroom as well (DS loved this feature when he was the age of your children), great feature after a long day on excursion or just to relax with a glass wine (the adults of course!) before dinner.  If you can do it, try it one time and see if you like it and if its worth it, only way you will know for sure.  

$1300 too buku for me for a room that is about 4 1/2 feet wider, but each to their own. You could probably book the kids their own interior room for the 1300 and then have two bathrooms.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

We had an OS on Vista when we brought our teenager with us.  It was nice to have a little extra room.  We didn't feel so crowded.  Now that she is up and flown the nest, we are back to a balcony cabin.  

Try using one of the deck plan websites to determine cabin location.  On Magic we had an ocean suite mid ship on deck 7, overlooking the deck 5 hot tubs.  There we always guests in the hot tub and we could hear their conversations when trying to enjoy our balcony.  At least we were a bit forward of the deck 5 smoking area so no smoke.