Tips, Tricks and Insider Info for NCL Breakaway?

3 hours ago, ColumboRocks said:

Another question:

On a TA departing Europe and arriving in NY, what is the typical passenger make up?  Mostly European, American, or other?  I'm assuming there will be no problems communicating but just to be sure.....

We've only done one TA with that route.  It was Prima.  For us, mostly US 60+.

Communication?  With who?  English not a problem.  Now if you mean talking to crew at places like CS or CN, they will generally not be able to understand things customer service related.

21 hours ago, KKB said:

Please elaborate--I don't see it on any menus I see online!

I don’t remember the particulars, but it was a serving of several types of sushi, enough to share, and it was served in a cute boat.   It was a very good meal, served with soup or a noodle bowl and choice of tea.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dexddd said:

We've only done one TA with that route.  It was Prima.  For us, mostly US 60+.

Communication?  With who?  English not a problem.  Now if you mean talking to crew at places like CS or CN, they will generally not be able to understand things customer service related.

Thank you....I should have been more clear.  Will only being fluent in English be an issue at the departure point?

8 hours ago, ColumboRocks said:

Thank you....I should have been more clear.  Will only being fluent in English be an issue at the departure point?

No.  If you do encounter someone who doesn’t understand you…just find someone else to help you.  Most people in Rome speak enough English…especially in areas where tourists are.  And don’t let the signage at the airport intimidate you.  Once you know what you’re looking for just follow the signs.  I suggest knowing a couple words in Italian…like Exit, Restroom/Toilet, Baggage, Hello, Thank You.   I also recommend arriving in Rome with some Euros.  At the airport buy something small so you can break your paper Euros into Euro coins for tipping.  Familiarize yourself with the coins so you know what is what before you go.  You can get Euros through your bank with about a week turnaround.  You’ll be fine with a little prep and confidence.

On 7/7/2023 at 8:56 AM, ColumboRocks said:

Another question:

On a TA departing Europe and arriving in NY, what is the typical passenger make up?  Mostly European, American, or other?  I'm assuming there will be no problems communicating but just to be sure.....

I have never been on a Westward transatlantic but would assume that the make-up isn't that different from going the other direction. On my Getaway transatlantic (Port Canaveral to Lisbon) the majority of passengers were from the US with some Canadians, British, and Germans. Obviously also other nationalities but almost everyone I met was from one of those countries (mostly US).