Bathroom Light On Edge Class

palmsandpines

I understand that the Edge class ships have a undercabinet nightlight in the bathroom. We are going to be staying in an inside cabin on an upcoming cruise. Do we need to bring on of those magnetic motion lights or will the undercabinet light work just fine? We don't want anything that is super bright and that might really wake us up, but just a little bit of light for safety. Thanks! 

I find that using my Toes to locate hard objects in the dark of an inside cabin can be overcome with a few of those disposable battery Tea Lights placed on the floor near said hard objects.

18 minutes ago, D. B. said:

I find that using my Toes to locate hard objects in the dark of an inside cabin can be overcome with a few of those disposable battery Tea Lights placed on the floor near said hard objects.

Interesting idea. How long do the batteries last? This will be 10 days; that would be 80 hours. 

Edited by palmsandpines

They last a Long time. Probably 30-40 hours. or More. Of course I only turn them on at night and off during the day. They have a little slider switch on the bottom.

They are lighter than the ones the ship uses in it's dining room table light holders and will not add much weight to your luggage.

I buy them on Amazon. They come in boxes of 10 up to 36 and are Cheap.

Just look for the ones that are NOT flickering just on steady.

They come in bright white or a milder yellow that I prefer.

Sure saves the Toes!

Edited by D. B.
added content.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, D. B. said:

They last a Long time. Probably 30-40 hours. or More. Of course I only turn them on at night and off during the day. They have a little slider switch on the bottom.

They are lighter than the ones the ship uses in it's dining room table light holders and will not add much weight to your luggage.

Sure saves the Toes!

Thanks

I purchased these and love them for our cruises. They are rechargeable and motion activated. The battery lasts a loooong time. (Have had one in my closet at home going on 4 months) They're brilliant set on the floor of the cabin room. 

Screenshot_20230701_171916_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Edited by Because_I_Said

Thanks for that, just ordered a set.  I usually carry a very small plug in light for hotels, and for the cabin bath I have an LCD light with suction cup, plugged into a power bank.  It’s a snowflake and changes colors.  Using only at night, the power bank has to be recharged about every three days.  I stick it on the mirror, which increases the light.  EM

33 minutes ago, Because_I_Said said:

I purchased these and love them for our cruises. They are rechargeable and motion activated. The battery lasts a loooong time. (Have had one in my closet at home going on 4 months) They're brilliant set on the floor of the cabin room. 

Screenshot_20230701_171916_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Thank you

10 hours ago, D. B. said:

Sure saves the Toes!

Great will go for the softer yellow and non flicker