Trying every drink on the Martini Menu

miched

On almost every Roll Call people would say that they are going to start at the top of the list on the Martini menu and work their way down. 

I think we all have those intentions but I wonder if anyone has actually done it.  

It seemed possible having a drink pack but I would try one and not like it because it was too sweet and then look at the next one on the list and it seemed basically the same except for a different juice and etc.   I know I could have ordered it just to try but I didn’t want to order something  when I know that I won’t like it.   Out of all of those on the menu I doubt if I have had 50% of them for that reason.

I have done the same at the WCB and Eden Bar.    There aren’t as many drinks on those menus but some just don’t appeal to me.  I do think over the years I have tried every drink at the WCB and only found 2 or 3 that I like.    In Eden I have only tried a few and didn’t like them enough to order again.  A few were those that had an extra charge.  

Have you ever tried all of them?  

Drink up 🍸🍹🧉🥂🍷

Edited by miched

• miched changed the title to Trying every drink on the Martini Menu

Yes, I did one cruise before the pandemic with the exception of one or two of the dessert ones that have dairy in them (I'm allergic to dairy).  And on most cruises, I make my way through quite a few of them as I have a lot of favorites.

23 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I would like to be a fly on the wall and watch as someone worked their way all the way through the list...could be very entertaining!

68F09-drunkard.png

I can't imagine someone trying them all over the course of just one evening!  The cruise I did it on was a 10 night cruise so that was only about 2 martinis a day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, prmssk said:

Yes, I did one cruise before the pandemic with the exception of one or two of the dessert ones that have dairy in them (I'm allergic to dairy).  And on most cruises, I make my way through quite a few of them as I have a lot of favorites.

Did you finish every one  or leave those that you didn’t like?  

With the drink pack if order a drink and I don’t like it I will leave it.  This even happens with drinks that I normally drink.   If it isn’t made right I will leave it.   I usually drink Old Fashions and it is unbelievable how some can’t make a good one.  

Drink up 🥂🍷🧉🍹🍸

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, miched said:

Did you finish every one  or leave those that you didn’t like?  

With the drink pack if order a drink and I don’t like it I will leave it.  This even happens with drinks that I normally drink.   If it isn’t made right I will leave it.   I usually drink Old Fashions and it is unbelievable how some can’t make a good one.  

Drink up 🥂🍷🧉🍹🍸

I enjoy so many of the different flavors offered on the Martini menu (at least the M and S class martini menus - I haven't had a chance to try the Edge class ones) so I don't recall leaving many, if any behind.  As to quality, in my experience the best bartenders on any ship are usually placed at the martini bar so that is one bar that I don't usually have an issue with quality at that particular bar.

I do agree that not all drinks are created equal.  We cruise quite a few lines and generally I know which bars tend to have the best bartenders and gravitate to them (especially since I don't always have a drink package these days).  On Celebrity it usually is the Martini Bar and the World Class Bar.

8 minutes ago, prmssk said:

I enjoy so many of the different flavors offered on the Martini menu (at least the M and S class martini menus - I haven't had a chance to try the Edge class ones) so I don't recall leaving many, if any behind.  As to quality, in my experience the best bartenders on any ship are usually placed at the martini bar so that is one bar that I don't usually have an issue with quality at that particular bar.

I do agree that not all drinks are created equal.  We cruise quite a few lines and generally I know which bars tend to have the best bartenders and gravitate to them (especially since I don't always have a drink package these days).  On Celebrity it usually is the Martini Bar and the World Class Bar.

I tend to agree with you.   The BTs at the WCB and Martini Bars are usually very good .   The Eden Bar also has good  BTs.   Even at those bars one BT will be better than the others.  

I have also found some great BTs at the other bars.   It doesn’t take me very long to find them.   Once I do those are the places I go to.  

We have found that if we get a drink in the Martini bar that comes from the service station it doesn’t seem to be as good.   It could just be the presentation.  

Drink up 🍸🍹🧉🍷🥂

• Like 1