Tea selection on Venezia

On 7/4/2023 at 4:08 AM, latebloomer56 said:

Hello anybody who has sailed on the Venezia. Would you know if the lido area has camomile tea as a selection or should I bring my own? I enjoy ending my evening with a hot cup on the balcony.

Thanks

Carnival doesn't serve Chamomile tea in the lido buffet fleetwide. Only two tea choices, Lipton and Green tea. 

1 hour ago, kwokpot said:

Carnival doesn't serve Chamomile tea in the lido buffet fleetwide. Only two tea choices, Lipton and Green tea. 

Thank you very much I will pack some as well as ginger tea another item I enjoy at night before bed.

5 hours ago, Usuallyrightagain said:

Afternoon tea choices were $2.50 a teabag! I didn't even look at them 

That's the premium teas that are a charge and are also offered at the Java Blue Coffee shop. The buffet and MDR will ALWAYS have the Lipton's black tea, green tea (I forget the brand), and regular and decaf brewed coffee for no charge. You just have to specifically ask for the complementary hot beverage choices. The Art of Tea and espresso based coffees have always been listed as extra in the MDR (many years ago they were included) on all the ships. I know there was much controversy about this on the initial Luminosa sailings from Brisbane where many Australian cruisers didn't realize that there was complementary regular coffee and Lipton's black tea offered at dinnertime in the MDR and thought the premium selection for a fee were the only choices. 

Edited by kwokpot

Thanks for the heads-up on tea charges and selection. Have only been on Carnival 1x since Covid restart and didn't even notice the tea. On HAL, there is a huge selection of tea available at no charge and I find myself there several times a week. So I would have just not even considered there would be cost and also no real selection when I'm on Venezia B2B in a couple months.

I will be sure to pack some tea to avoid disappointment. 

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo

20 hours ago, kwokpot said:

That's the premium teas that are a charge and are also offered at the Java Blue Coffee shop. The buffet and MDR will ALWAYS have the Lipton's black tea, green tea (I forget the brand), and regular and decaf brewed coffee for no charge. You just have to specifically ask for the complementary hot beverage choices. The Art of Tea and espresso based coffees have always been listed as extra in the MDR (many years ago they were included) on all the ships. I know there was much controversy about this on the initial Luminosa sailings from Brisbane where many Australian cruisers didn't realize that there was complementary regular coffee and Lipton's black tea offered at dinnertime in the MDR and thought the premium selection for a fee were the only choices. 

I'm British, I don't even acknowledge Liptons. I brought my own tea along.