What To Do Close To Ship

debnrick

In March, I walked over to the new Rif Mangrove Park that's right near the terminal and took a guided tour with a park ranger, which was fantastic. The ranger was very knowledgeable and pointed out many things I would have missed or not even known to look for. Definitely recommend if you like nature.

• Like 1

If you Google self guided walking tours there are lots of options including maps.  

We love walking around Curacao when the ship docks.  You can walk across Queen Emma bridge and stroll there too.  (It’s a pontoon type bridge that opens up so don’t get caught on the wrong side if you’re pressed for time to get back to the ship!) 

We have also picked up tours right at the dock if we decide not to go snorkeling.  We did a 2 hour bus tour one year with Ben’s tour right at the dock. 

Enjoy-it’s a great port in our opinion. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2023 at 2:08 PM, canadianbear said:

If you Google self guided walking tours there are lots of options including maps.  

We love walking around Curacao when the ship docks.  You can walk across Queen Emma bridge and stroll there too.  (It’s a pontoon type bridge that opens up so don’t get caught on the wrong side if you’re pressed for time to get back to the ship!) 

We have also picked up tours right at the dock if we decide not to go snorkeling.  We did a 2 hour bus tour one year with Ben’s tour right at the dock. 

Enjoy-it’s a great port in our opinion. 

What sites did you see on the 2 hour bus tour?... itinerary?  Blue Curacao distillery, was there free time at Mambo beach? Did you go to the North end of the island?  Thanks!

We are also from beautiful BC!😊

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TeamCan said:

What sites did you see on the 2 hour bus tour?... itinerary?  Blue Curacao distillery, was there free time at Mambo beach? Did you go to the North end of the island?  Thanks!

We are also from beautiful BC!😊

It was a bus tour we just picked up at the dock.  It was several years ago now-no beach, just a couple of stops like a look out, the Curacao distillery where they gave you tastes of the various liquors, through the town but I honestly can’t remember what else.  We had originally booked a private snorkel tour which was cancelled because of rain so picked this one up.  (He also gave us all a bottle of beer or water to drink on the bus)! 

For beach ones you’d have to google & dig deeper I think.  

7 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

It was a bus tour we just picked up at the dock.  It was several years ago now-no beach, just a couple of stops like a look out, the Curacao distillery where they gave you tastes of the various liquors, through the town but I honestly can’t remember what else.  We had originally booked a private snorkel tour which was cancelled because of rain so picked this one up.  (He also gave us all a bottle of beer or water to drink on the bus)! 

For beach ones you’d have to google & dig deeper I think.  

Thanks very much for the info!  We were thinking of renting a car and driving north to Shete Boka National Park, Grote Knip beach then south to the Liqueur distillery and Mambo beach then strolling through Willemstad.  Or taking Ben's tours for a quick 2 hour tour.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TeamCan said:

Thanks very much for the info!  We were thinking of renting a car and driving north to Shete Boka National Park, Grote Knip beach then south to the Liqueur distillery and Mambo beach then strolling through Willemstad.  Or taking Ben's tours for a quick 2 hour tour.

We love Curacao and always try to pick an itinerary that includes it.  Renting a car is a great idea as you’ll get a lot of sites in.  (We were there one year on a cruise just before Christmas-their decorations were so beautiful).  

• Like 1

@TeamCan

i was just reminded that we have also used Irie Tours in Curacao which we pre-booked.  They’ve got different excursions which you may find one you like.  

https://www.irietours.com/wonders-of-curacao-caves-turtles-beaches/  I think this is the one we did but have a look at others you might want.  The snorkel with the turtles was our highlight. 

IMG_4173.jpeg

5 hours ago, canadianbear said:

@TeamCan

i was just reminded that we have also used Irie Tours in Curacao which we pre-booked.  They’ve got different excursions which you may find one you like.  

https://www.irietours.com/wonders-of-curacao-caves-turtles-beaches/  I think this is the one we did but have a look at others you might want.  The snorkel with the turtles was our highlight. 

IMG_4173.jpeg

That looks like a wonderful tour!.. swimming with the turtles so cool!  Unfortunately, we will be in Curacao on a Wednesday and the tour looks like it runs Tuesdays and Thursdays. We will probably rent a car and drive up to Playa Piskado ourselves and see some beaches, flamingos.  Very excited!... as it'll be our 1st time to visit Curacao.  Thank you again for all the great ideas and info!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TeamCan said:

That looks like a wonderful tour!.. swimming with the turtles so cool!  Unfortunately, we will be in Curacao on a Wednesday and the tour looks like it runs Tuesdays and Thursdays. We will probably rent a car and drive up to Playa Piskado ourselves and see some beaches, flamingos.  Very excited!... as it'll be our 1st time to visit Curacao.  Thank you again for all the great ideas and info!

If you remember when you’re back, let me know what you did and how it went. We are heading to the ABC Islands on a cruise in November but friends are coming so doing ship excursions in Aruba & Curacao as they’ve never been before.

Have a wonderful time!

3 hours ago, canadianbear said:

If you remember when you’re back, let me know what you did and how it went. We are heading to the ABC Islands on a cruise in November but friends are coming so doing ship excursions in Aruba & Curacao as they’ve never been before.

Have a wonderful time!

Sure... our cruise is not til next Feb.  Have a wonderful cruise in November!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Don't know how they are for swimming since I have not been to any of these, but there are Playa Zakito, Playa Parasasa, and Punda Beach or Playa Marichi.  Playa Parasasa is 3 miles, the others are closer. Playa Parasasa is at the Marriott but there is a public part of the beach apparently.

Edited by mcmarya

• 4 weeks later...

I am looking for a beach within walking distance of the port or on the other side of the pontoon bridge.

Also I heard that there is an area near the port with wall paintings and other attractions.  

Anyone one have any experience with this?