My first Crossing. A first timer’s perspective.

steve4031

About midnight I was wide awake and hungry.  I hopefully called room service to order a cheeseburger.  I expected to be told no luck.  Last night of cruise.  Instead I received an apology that they only had cheddar cheese, not American.  I gleefully ordered the cheeseburger.  It was delicious.  An excellent last impression of Cunard.  

We arrived Southampton at about 1:30.   

We had breakfast in the dining and returned to our cabin to wait until our 9:10 debarkation time.  We had about 45 minutes for a Power Nap.  At 8:55 we got up and walked out of our cabin.   We took the C elevator down to deck 2.  Moments later we were in the cruise terminal.   

We found our luggage quickly.  There were no visible customs agents and we walked through.  I did not see anyone getting stopped or questioned.  

Our quick progress through customs caused confusion with our limo driver.  Although I had stated we were on the Queen Mary in my confirmation email, the driver went to other terminals first.  We were in terminal 10.  We waited 45 minutes until 10 am.  Then we rode into London.  It was about a 3 hour drive to our hotel.  We arrived at 1:30 and the room was not ready. This is not a surprise.  We are eating lunch while we wait.  

Canard's debarkation process was extremely efficient imho. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, steve4031 said:

Instead I received an apology that they only had cheddar cheese, not American.  I gleefully ordered the cheeseburger.

Canard's debarkation process was extremely efficient imho.

France has some wonderful cheeses including our favourite Comté. We've tried all sorts of cheeses on cheeseburgers, but nothing beats cheddar, which thankfully we can buy sliced in our local hypermarket. However their Charolais patties are much sweeter and juicier than the Aberdeen Angus ones we used to buy in Scotland.

The Canard here is excellent as well. 🤣