Joy dining times

bruce85

So I checked when I hit the 120 mark to see if I could reserve a table in either Taste or Savor. Every night only shows 5.30 and 8.30. Is this normal. We like 7.30, I assume we can just show up at 7.30. But last two times on NCL we could book a 7.30 time. First time on Joy, are they just trying to fill the 5.30 and 8.30 time slots? The Manhattan room is the same. 

Thanks for any input.

5 hours ago, bruce85 said:

So I checked when I hit the 120 mark to see if I could reserve a table in either Taste or Savor. Every night only shows 5.30 and 8.30. Is this normal.

You likely got beaten out by 125-dayers.  As www said, try again when you're aboard, or just show up when you want and see what the wait is like.  Don't sweat it.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, www3traveler said:

Only a certain percentage of dining reservations can be made online.  Reservations are easy to make once you are on board.

I would not worry about it.

Enjoy your cruise

We sail on NCL 4-5 times a year and we normally board as soon as priority boarding is called.... like one of the first passengers to board after Haven and passengers needing assistance. We are at the reservation desks within 10 minutes of boarding. On our October cruise, one of the popular restaurants had early dining (5:30-8:00) on only one night. So, yes, there were reservations available,,,, if you wanted to eat at 9:00 pm... which we didn't. So we had to shuffle our plans to eat there on the one night available.

When we get to the reservations desk within 10 minutes of priority boarding starting, we can normally get reservations... but not always on the day and time we want. And not always something that fits our schedule. 

On another cruise, Cagney's was sold out for all days, all times by 1 pm on embarkation day,,, it was sold out for early dining long before that. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

We sail on NCL 4-5 times a year and we normally board as soon as priority boarding is called.... like one of the first passengers to board after Haven and passengers needing assistance. We are at the reservation desks within 10 minutes of boarding. On our October cruise, one of the popular restaurants had early dining (5:30-8:00) on only one night. So, yes, there were reservations available,,,, if you wanted to eat at 9:00 pm... which we didn't. So we had to shuffle our plans to eat there on the one night available.

When we get to the reservations desk within 10 minutes of priority boarding starting, we can normally get reservations... but not always on the day and time we want. And not always something that fits our schedule. 

On another cruise, Cagney's was sold out for all days, all times by 1 pm on embarkation day,,, it was sold out for early dining long before that. 

Thanks, we.got our times for Cagney's and the Smokehouse. When you say reservation desk,.is that the normal process of going to a dining room and seeing maitre. Or if we wish to eat in taste or savor should we go there.

Thank you

@bruce85 you really won’t need reservations for Taste or Savor. Manhattan I won’t comment on because we never attempt to eat there—too large, loud, and crowded—but I have seen long lines, especially if there’s entertainment there. My Getaway cruise during Presidents’ week was horrifically crowded and we never waited more than a few minutes for Taste or Savor (in line, never needed a pager). We usually like dinner around 7.

• Thanks 1

We ate at Taste and Savor almost every night on our 14-day Panama Cruise.  I made reservations for dining before I got on the ship just so I'd have something, but when I got on and looked up the show times each night, I had to adjust a bunch of them.  It was not a problem.  I spoke to the maitre'd and she asked for all the changes and took care of them.  A couple of times we showed up at the wrong time (and possibly even wrong restaurant - they are across from each other), and they sat us.  

Especially 7:30 should be fine.  You can book for 8:30 just to have something and then change it.  Or get on a make all reservations at the same time.  Have fun!