Bringing Liquor Onboard European Sailings

breenw

Last year we sailed on a European cruise on another cruise line.  Even though their policy was to not allow passengers to bring liquor other than wine onboard, they didn't prohibit travelers from doing that when boarding the ship in Dover.  Is this the same for Celebrity that they are lax about that policy or is "no liquor" allowed on European cruises?  We aren't heavy drinkers at all so buying the liquor packages for both of us just doesn't pay off.  Thanks!

In my experience no liquor has been allowed to be brought on board and will be taken and held until the end of the sailing.

If you don't drink much you are probably better off to just pay as you go for your drinks rather than buying a package.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I agree with just buying the drinks as you go.

Also, what would be the purpose of bringing the liquor onboard?  To drink in your cabin?  That's sort of the antithesis of not being a heavy drinker.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rothko1 said:

Yeah, I agree with just buying the drinks as you go.

Also, what would be the purpose of bringing the liquor onboard?  To drink in your cabin?  That's sort of the antithesis of not being a heavy drinker.

Bringing a bottle of liquor onboard for a 13 night cruise is hardly being a "heavy drinker" but I don't need your smart alec comment either.

2 hours ago, breenw said:

Last year we sailed on a European cruise on another cruise line.  Even though their policy was to not allow passengers to bring liquor other than wine onboard, they didn't prohibit travelers from doing that when boarding the ship in Dover.  Is this the same for Celebrity that they are lax about that policy or is "no liquor" allowed on European cruises?  We aren't heavy drinkers at all so buying the liquor packages for both of us just doesn't pay off.  Thanks!

Alas, no, but you can bring two bottles of wine per person on board at embarkation, if you’re not heavy drinkers that might suffice. You can also purchase a bottle of liquor, I believe with mixers, online to be delivered to your room, it’s pricey but since you’re not heavy drinkers, it might be cheaper than a package or a per drink purchase.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mark_K said:

Alas, no, but you can bring two bottles of wine per person on board at embarkation, if you’re not heavy drinkers that might suffice. You can also purchase a bottle of liquor, I believe with mixers, online to be delivered to your room, it’s pricey but since you’re not heavy drinkers, it might be cheaper than a package or a per drink purchase.

I have read reports that the 2 bottle of wine limit has been changed back to 1.  A check of the Alcohol policy says 1 again.  

7 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I have read reports that the 2 bottle of wine limit has been changed back to 1.  A check of the Alcohol policy says 1 again.  

Maybe they’re very light drinkers. 😉

I always kind of liked the Princess policy, if they still have it. One bottle per person, and as many as you can carry over that for $15/bottle.