Price drop after final payment

kingcole

We are on refundable (Blue Chip 20% off) fare for our sailing on the Edge in March 2024.

Currently in a concierge but aiming for Retreat. Price difference is currently too much. If, after final payment on our Concierge room the price of a Retreat drops, can we change at the new, lower price?

Likewise, if we have already changed to a Concierge before final payment and after finals, the price is lower, can we get the lower price (even if the difference is via OBC)

I'm aware of the Move-Up program, but my aim would be to chance this as a last resort.

We are on a all inclusive concierge rate so are also closely looking at Aqua prices, with the view that the move up would be less than from a Concierge.

3 hours ago, kingcole said:

If, after final payment on our Concierge room the price of a Retreat drops, can we change at the new, lower price?

Yes

3 hours ago, kingcole said:

Likewise, if we have already changed to a Concierge before final payment and after finals, the price is lower, can we get the lower price (even if the difference is via OBC)

No

Overall, I think your expectations of obtaining a reduced price or low cost upgrade are a bit too high. The most likely scenario is prices stay relatively stable and all Retreat rooms sell out well before final payment. Therefore, you won't have the opportunity for a direct upgrade. MoveUp is then a long shot  when all Retreat rooms are booked and there will always be those people willing to bid through the roof for a Retreat room.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Yes

No

Overall, I think your expectations of obtaining a reduced price or low cost upgrade are a bit too high. The most likely scenario is prices stay relatively stable and all Retreat rooms sell out well before final payment. Therefore, you won't have the opportunity for a direct upgrade. MoveUp is then a long shot  when all Retreat rooms are booked and there will always be those people willing to bid through the roof for a Retreat room.

Thanks. I don't know how you know what my expectations are. I don't even know where they are myself!

There are a good number of retreat rooms currently available. If we see the price we want before final payment, we will jump, but if not, it's good to know I can still jump should be see it after.

8 minutes ago, kingcole said:

Thanks. I don't know how you know what my expectations are. I don't even know where they are myself!

There are a good number of retreat rooms currently available. If we see the price we want before final payment, we will jump, but if not, it's good to know I can still jump should be see it after.

No problem. I can just tell you're anxious about upgrading based on the last topic you started regarding Retreat value.

I hope you can get the room you're looking at, and if you don't, I'm sure you'll still have a great voyage. Lots to explore on an E class ship, so I don't think you'll be disappointed either way.

• Like 1

There is a website that tracks prices. If you take a look you will notice Retreat pricing rarely changes. If it does move it’s by a very small amount or it goes up. With Move Up bids there is apparently no need to lower base prices. If you want a suite I would book one sooner or later. Aqua and Retreat are understandably the two biggest targets for upgrade bids. 

If I understand your question.   You are asking if a Retreat room price drops after final payment can you upgrade to that room at the prevailing price.

The answer to this scenario is YES.    I've done it many times.   As long as the room is $1 more than you existing room they permit it.