Do I have to use my drink package

cmrvancouver

1 hour ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I’m sorry, what is a koningsdam board?  I’ve been on the koningsdam multiple times and they’ve never had anything like this.  I’d be willing to make a pretty good wager it was just the Rotterdam for that one cruise.

Yes those were the happy hour prices on both of the Rotterdam’s celebratory 150th transatlantics. They were the “historical” prices from crossings in the 50s I believe.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, sxphil said:

Am i missing something if you have the package surely it doesn't matter

There isn't a limit is there?

I have only used Royal before and there isn't with them

Are you sure there isn’t a 15 drink limit on Royal? I believe every cruise line uses the same 15 drink limit. Also, it does become a matter of liability for the cruise line if there is no limit, and things go wrong in any one of a dozen possible ways.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cmrvancouver said:

I have heard that there might be happy hours on board with drinks for sale for approximately 75 cents. If I choose to purchase this type of drink, do I have to use the drink package or can I just pay the 75 cents and save the more expensive drinks for my package.  TiA

Could this be what the person you mentioned was referencing, the Heritage Cruises?  It isn't on all cruises, from what I can see.  The one prior to our K-dam cruise is a Heritage Cruise, the one we are on is not.

"Visit ports that are rich in our history on Heritage Cruises. Go back in time at Retro Happy Hours and join in classic games and activities, like shuffleboard and Dutch High Tea. "

• Like 3

16 hours ago, cmrvancouver said:

This was actually from a Koningsdam board, however, the poster did not indicate if it was a one sailing special... Fingers x'ed it isn't 😉

Go back and look at the photo. At the bottom of the left page it says it is on the 150th Anniversary crossing, which was on the Rotterdam.

Edited by WriterOnDeck

6 hours ago, WriterOnDeck said:

Go back and look at the photo. At the bottom of the left page it says it is on the 150th Anniversary crossing, which was on the Rotterdam.

This was posted on facebook in a group sailing chat by someone who was on the Koningsdam so is/was not limited to Rotterdam. The only question now is whether it was sailing specific or available during this anniversary year. I guess I will find out when I board later this year.

16 hours ago, VennDiagram said:

Could this be what the person you mentioned was referencing, the Heritage Cruises?  It isn't on all cruises, from what I can see.  The one prior to our K-dam cruise is a Heritage Cruise, the one we are on is not.

"Visit ports that are rich in our history on Heritage Cruises. Go back in time at Retro Happy Hours and join in classic games and activities, like shuffleboard and Dutch High Tea. "

Thanks for the suggestion.  I have checked and it does appear that our cruise may be a heritage cruise, and it does appear that the happy hour special is accurate. Will definitely try the Dutch high tea.

Screenshot_20230716-093510_Chrome.jpg

Edited by cmrvancouver

On 7/15/2023 at 10:18 AM, cmrvancouver said:

I have heard that there might be happy hours on board with drinks for sale for approximately 75 cents. If I choose to purchase this type of drink, do I have to use the drink package or can I just pay the 75 cents and save the more expensive drinks for my package.  TiA

Thar would make sense only if you are going to drink more than the 15 drinks per day limit.  To me, that would be hard to do, I would think, even with the non-alcoholic drinks thrown in.  I’d suggest just using your drink package, because no charge still beats 75 cents.  And  I never saw 75 cent drinks onboard the NS  this Spring.  It seems like those prices are long gone"