Prima balcony cabin question

Trixie21

Hi All

We have seen the perfect itinerary we have been looking for on the Norwegian Prima from Southampton to Iceland next year.

We want a balcony cabin of some sort. 

My question is- Can anyone tell me how big the step is from the cabin into the bathroom in a regular balcony cabin?

For context , My wife doesn't need a mobility scooter but has minor mobility issues , especially at night.

I've looked at the accessible balcony cabins on YouTube and they are great except for the balcony which basically faces towards the back of the ship - very strange and I don't like it - its also a weird shape.

If the step wasn't too big into the bathroom a regular balcony cabin would be fine .

5 hours ago, Trixie21 said:

Hi All

I've looked at the accessible balcony cabins on YouTube and they are great except for the balcony which basically faces towards the back of the ship - very strange and I don't like it - its also a weird shape.

If the step wasn't too big into the bathroom a regular balcony cabin would be fine .

Actually, many prefer the rear facing balconies.  

14 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Actually, many prefer the rear facing balconies.  

I think you misunderstand me - the accessible balcony cabins are midship but the balcony is at a strange angle so that when youngo out on it you are looking towards the back of the ship and have a narrow view of not very much at all..

A proper rear facing balcony is fantastic - this is nothing like that.

6 hours ago, Trixie21 said:

Hi All

We have seen the perfect itinerary we have been looking for on the Norwegian Prima from Southampton to Iceland next year.

We want a balcony cabin of some sort. 

My question is- Can anyone tell me how big the step is from the cabin into the bathroom in a regular balcony cabin?

For context , My wife doesn't need a mobility scooter but has minor mobility issues , especially at night.

There is a step. Not a big step 

It is hard to see in the photos below. These are the two cabins we have had on the Prima. Probably 2"ish. Basically the height of the dark brown molding... the light color flooring between the brown molding and the door is the level of the bathroom floor. 

image.thumb.png.27fbc9dcf5c9b71702bdc74d8e14b700.png

image.thumb.png.baa7f9845ee6cfab7cfc85fc5622d3ab.png

Edited by BirdTravels

18 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

I think you misunderstand me - the accessible balcony cabins are midship but the balcony is at a strange angle so that when youngo out on it you are looking towards the back of the ship and have a narrow view of not very much at all..

A proper rear facing balcony is fantastic - this is nothing like that.

Yes, I did misunderstand.  Thx for the clarification.

Out of curiosity, I watched a you tube video.  That balcony is indeed strange.  I wouldn't want one of those at all.

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

Yes, I did misunderstand.  Thx for the clarification.

Out of curiosity, I watched a you tube video.  That balcony is indeed strange.  I wouldn't want one of those at all.

Yep I did the same thing and I do not like the look of it at all. Kind of defeats the purpose of a balcony . Also looks very dark.

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

There is a step. Not a big step 

It is hard to see in the photos below. These are the two cabins we have had on the Prima. Probably 2"ish. Basically the height of the dark brown molding... the light color flooring between the brown molding and the door is the level of the bathroom floor. 

image.thumb.png.27fbc9dcf5c9b71702bdc74d8e14b700.png

image.thumb.png.baa7f9845ee6cfab7cfc85fc5622d3ab.png

Thank you so much - thats exactly what I was looking for and we could certainly work with that.

I have seen very large steps in the past on some ships and something like that could have been a problem.

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

A few other balcony room pictures. Spacious by NCL standards and easy to get around. 

image.png.48d9b42fb699b3c63240767947e749a6.png

image.png.1d6100447bf99216f31d6dcf26587222.pngimage.png.62999ebe1836aa8e9d810917055ab6d0.pngimage.png.f5a526e4d99f863ec4bf73cb82e0dcf1.png

image.thumb.png.160020ec8f3e9c5d420d333117eb403d.png

image.thumb.png.b3d8e579068c7ef70c065c1298197ff1.png

image.thumb.png.5039b2080756c86b43dd7720aa4ca43a.png

The cabin actually looks great -  very bright and spacious.

I looked at a couple of YouTube videos and was quite impressed.