Itinerary for Alaska

Jbdial1515

These both fit our budget and timelines. RC is the Radiance of the Seas out of Vancouver and offer 4 ports vs 3. The Carnival has the extra port for a couple hours out of Seattle. The ship for Carnival is the Spirit. What about Sitka that RC offers over Skagway?   Thoughts or advice?  We are doing a balcony room. 

IMG_7362.jpeg

IMG_7361.jpeg

If you live in the US and have to fly to Vancouver, BC (which is a world class city), it will add additional expense to your flight budget, and you will need passports.  I have read that flight out of Vancouver don't always mash up with connecting flights in the US, so the return flight home may be many hours long.  The Vancouver RT does stop at Icy Strait Point, which to me is a bonus.  There is great whale watching there, and I recommend Glacier-Winds (6 or 13 person boat).

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

The RT our of Vancouver includes both ISP (excellent whale watching) and Sitka.  Two of my favorite ports.  

Our OP doesn't indicate their address.  Flying, driving or taking a train to Vancouver may not be inconvenient.

I am coming from Atlanta so going to have a layover somewhere. I am good with coming a day early etc but I can’t stand dealing with layovers. Maybe we fly into Seattle and take a car or something else to Vancouver?????

2 hours ago, Jbdial1515 said:

I am coming from Atlanta so going to have a layover somewhere. I am good with coming a day early etc but I can’t stand dealing with layovers. Maybe we fly into Seattle and take a car or something else to Vancouver?????

As a comment from someone who lives in Fairbanks, Alaska we just deal with layovers.  For us it is a fact life.

Have you spent time in Seattle?  Easy options from Seattle to Vancouver include motor coach transfers, a short flight from SEATAC to YVR, or train.

We are flying into Seattle direct flight and staying a night to see the city and then taking the train to Vancouver. It was the same price with hotel and train as flying into Vancouver so we figured why not get an extra city out of the vacation. 

• Like 1