Eurodam: how noisy would a forward ocean view cabin below the Crow's Nest be?

Sea Hag

I booked us into 10001 on the Eurodam today. Usually, I look carefully at deckplans to make sure there's nothing iffy above or below, but this time for some reason or another I didn't do that. That cabin has the Crow's Nest above it and the Fitness Center below. I'm not worried about the fitness center, since we've been above or below it on other ships. But I am a bit worried about noise from the Crow's nest. This cabin ticks all the boxes for us otherwise - high up and as forward as you can get. Any info will be greatly appreciated. 🙂

1 hour ago, Sea Hag said:

I booked us into 10001 on the Eurodam today. Usually, I look carefully at deckplans to make sure there's nothing iffy above or below, but this time for some reason or another I didn't do that. That cabin has the Crow's Nest above it and the Fitness Center below. I'm not worried about the fitness center, since we've been above or below it on other ships. But I am a bit worried about noise from the Crow's nest. This cabin ticks all the boxes for us otherwise - high up and as forward as you can get. Any info will be greatly appreciated. 🙂

I’ve only been on one ship that I would be concerned about being beneath the Crows Nest - the old Ms Rotterdam had BB King there nightly…. It would have been loud. 

Eurodam - I would not be concerned. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Gigi1977 said:

I’ve only been on one ship that I would be concerned about being beneath the Crows Nest - the old Ms Rotterdam had BB King there nightly…. It would have been loud. 

Eurodam - I would not be concerned. 

Thanks! 😃

We've stayed in 10003 and loved it. The cabin is larger than most VB verandas we've been in and the forward view was awesome.

We did not have any noise from the Crow's Nest and enjoyed the close proximity to both Explorations (for great coffee) and the spa (for 2x daily thermalpass use). Also just 2 short flights to the secret deck!

Next time I book a non-balcony, this is where I'll go.

The walk to dining is looong.

• Thanks 1

That's a nice cabin.  We had it on a Panama Canal cruise last year.  The extra space was nice; you can ask your steward to snag you an additional chair or two.  Hope you have better luck with it than we did, though😃; halfway through the cruise it started raining in our cabin... probably water condensing from the A/C system, but they couldn't sort it out quickly, so they moved us over to a balcony cabin instead for the rest of the cruise (I would have preferred to keep that forward OV).

• Thanks 1