Appreciation for sharing expertise

CarrieAP

I want to express my appreciation for the experienced cruisers who have helped us plan our upcoming Mariner trip to Norway. First time on Oceania. One area challenging for us was figuring out the shore excursions with OLife, your way discounts etc. To complicate this, there are unexpected medical issues impacting my mobility. Had surgery 8 weeks ago and considered cancelling but decided to go ahead with the cruise and adjust as needed. 

Best advice ever is to request pdf listing of booked excursions with prices paid. Perplexing this is not available on the website. The person covering for my TA had some difficulty obtaining this. Initially was sent a different summary lacking prices and designation of those using OLife credit. I knew to keep pushing the issue and finally received the pdf this evening. Will be so helpful to track changes as we make adjustments!   

Sometimes the repetitive questions may feel frustrating for the regular contributors to this board. I’m a lurker and spend a lot of time reading pasts posts. Your responses are so valuable and appreciated. So thank you to all who share their expertise and opinions!  All viewpoints included lol 

Carrie

Edited by CarrieAP
  • Like 2

@Flatbush Flyer, she's looking at you!

@CarrieAP, your story reminded me of when my mom broke her foot the day before their flight to Fiji. Being a family of optimists (or are we just cheap?), mom got her cast and crutches and tackled hobbling through sand. They loved that trip! Enjoy your cruise and let yourself be pampered while watching the fjords. 🛳️🥂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarrieAP said:

I want to express my appreciation for the experienced cruisers who have helped us plan our upcoming Mariner trip to Norway. First time on Oceania. One area challenging for us was figuring out the shore excursions with OLife, your way discounts etc. To complicate this, there are unexpected medical issues impacting my mobility. Had surgery 8 weeks ago and considered cancelling but decided to go ahead with the cruise and adjust as needed. 

Best advice ever is to request pdf listing of booked excursions with prices paid. Perplexing this is not available on the website. The person covering for my TA had some difficulty obtaining this. Initially was sent a different summary lacking prices and designation of those using OLife credit. I knew to keep pushing the issue and finally received the pdf this evening. Will be so helpful to track changes as we make adjustments!   

Sometimes the repetitive questions may feel frustrating for the regular contributors to this board. I’m a lurker and spend a lot of time reading pasts posts. Your responses are so valuable and appreciated. So thank you to all who share their expertise and opinions!  All viewpoints included lol 

Carrie

Yes- get the right pdf, the one with the math, which is “prepurchased….” (Not the one that says “preselected….”

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Yes- get the right pdf, the one with the math, which is “prepurchased….” (Not the one that says “preselected….”

@Flatbush Flyer I am a bit unclear about the difference between repurchased (if you haven't purchased any) and preselected and what these would look like.

also @CarrieAP comments  

"Initially was sent a different summary lacking prices and designation of those using OLife credit. "

I have been trying for over a week to get a pdf copy of priced excursions for my cruise on Marina 18/5/23 as excursions are not available online, surprisingly O also can't provide the pdf prices so it would be good to be premed once they do appear!

3 hours ago, tine-tine said:

@Flatbush Flyer I am a bit unclear about the difference between repurchased (if you haven't purchased any) and preselected and what these would look like.

also @CarrieAP comments  

"Initially was sent a different summary lacking prices and designation of those using OLife credit. "

I have been trying for over a week to get a pdf copy of priced excursions for my cruise on Marina 18/5/23 as excursions are not available online, surprisingly O also can't provide the pdf prices so it would be good to be premed once they do appear!

Reread my post. It says “prepurchased” (not repurchased). It is a spreadsheet showing retail, OLife and YWYW pricing and use of O issued SBC to offset the balance due.

If you want a comprehensive overview of O Life/YWYW strategies, search here on CC for my numerous explanations in previous threads. But, understand that a lot will change with the move to SM starting in October of this year.

5 hours ago, tine-tine said:

Hope you are not asking  for May 2023 excursions 🤔

There are excursions to the same ports  this season just check the offerings/pricing   for them

You will be prepared somewhat when your  cruise in 2024 excursions are out  in a few months

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Double checked and yes that’s the one I have! We fly out tomorrow for boarding Sunday. Again, my thanks!!

Apologies for the typos everyone i really need to read my posts before I send them and yes it is 2024! 
I normally don’t do cruise excursions with Oceania so this is all new to me and probably others will be in the same ‘boat’! also be in a Simply More learning curve. 
On the Oceania site is says you “Shore excursions are available 365 to 3 days prior to sail date.” As we are currently within that timeframe the excursions with costings are unavailable on ‘manage my booking’, Oceania customer services don’t have them either and don’t know why it is unavailable. 

Has anyone experienced this scenario trying to booki excursions and when should I expect them to become available? 

13 hours ago, tine-tine said:

also @CarrieAP comments  

Same problem. Our TA couldn’t get them. They aren’t loaded in our account to even look at, even though they are online without pricing. I couldn’t get them when I called O.
Our TA guest services sent me an email this morning explaining that O told them it is some system error due to being the first sailing post dry dock. Hmmm. Not sure that makes much sense. Same outcome so far.