MoveUp acception/decline

SoBe2010

Hello everybody,

Is there, from your experience, any time related coincidence between bidding and acceptance or decline of your bid?

Our cruise is a bit more than 2 weeks ago, MoveUp was placed about a month ago. Is it really possible to get the bid still accepted or isn't less likely the more time goes by?

I would assume, once the bid is fine for the yield management, you gonna me accepted pretty fast.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

• Like 1

There isn’t any way to tell. I’ve had one accepted at 30 days out and others at a few days out. If people are still adjusting and submitting bids it would be best to wait to award anything otherwise they are leaving money on the table. Watch your Roll Call or Facebook groups for your sailing to see when others get accepted. They usually get released in chunks. 

• Like 1

Really no way to tell. I’ve seen bids excepted a day after submitting 2 months out to right up to sailing. If not accepted it is common for them to notify you 2 days before sailing.  I do think your odds go down closer to sailing, as those openings are caused by last minute cancellations, as opposed to more available inventory further out from sailing. Good luck! 

• Like 1

From personal experience there is not necessarily any relationship between when one bids and the odds of winning.   Except for PlusGrade the Vendor that administers the program I don't think any of us know the logarithm they utilize.  

From what I have observed it really depends on What you Bid, Number of Cabins Available, Current Room Classification and CC Level (each level gets a bonus X% uplift).  

I have bid the first day they open for bidding and lost and have bid on a last minute booking 3 weeks before the cruise and Won.   I of course have bid months in advance and advised of my upgrade 3-4 days prior to the cruise.

The only thing that is sure is that if you loose you will be advised at 48 hours prior to the cruise.

• Like 2