Chances of winning bid upgrade with only 8 rooms available? Is inventory accurate?

Floridagal2213

My cruise is still several weeks out and I put in a bid for a YC balcony ($2800) 🤮🤢☠️.  When I check the regular MSC website I see there are only 8 total balcony YC rooms left.  Does the current inventory reflect the true amount of rooms left?  Do I have ANY chance or should I not get my hopes up?  Has anyone won a bid with only a small amount of rooms left?  How often do bids go through?

I’m willing to bet that the inventory is pretty close. I understand that YC (at least for US sailings) is sailing completely full for all cruises. If you used a travel advisor they may be able to confirm.

Edited by kelleherdl

1 hour ago, Floridagal2213 said:

Wow I also checked the other categories left and there are only around TOTAL rooms left! Looks like we have a very popular sailing!!

The ships are sailing at capacity

Out of curiosity, went to the MSC website, CruisePlum and my TA's website for listing of current inventory for our July 30th sailing. The cruise is not listed at all which I suspect is due to the short length of time until the cruise.

Is there any site to look at to see how many "open" cabins there are when cruises are less <10 days away? I suspect that like most Canaveral sailings, this Seaside cruise is packed to the brims plus Florida kids go back to school in 2-3 weeks so preparing mentally for thousands of kiddos. 

Warmest, Amy