Chef Table on Alaskan 7 Day Cruise - Which Night

Kermarkim

I'm going on my 19th cruise (15 with Carnival) this Thursday, 7/27 on Carnival Luminosa.  I have 2 firsts happening (first Alaskan cruise and for the first time, I will doing Chef's Table).  Is Chef's table generally held on Elegant Night or does anyone have any history with this?  And what is the suggested dress code for Chef's Table if it is not on an elegant night.  Thanks.

Edited by Kermarkim

• Kermarkim changed the title to Chef Table on Alaskan 7 Day Cruise - Which Night
1 hour ago, Kermarkim said:

I'm going on my 19th cruise (15 with Carnival) this Thursday, 7/27 on Carnival Luminosa.  I have 2 firsts happening (first Alaskan cruise and for the first time, I will doing Chef's Table).  Is Chef's table generally held on Elegant Night or does anyone have any history with this?  And what is the suggested dress code for Chef's Table if it is not on an elegant night.  Thanks.

Not held on the formal nights, I remember it being scheduled on the 6th day of the cruise to Alaska. Former and casual ettire is ok either or.

• Like 1

We've done Chef's Table once; I believe on our European cruise last fall.  And while it wasn't on Elegant Night as I recall, it was held most other nights onboard.  I also recall being 'assigned' a night, not selecting our own. That may have been a unique situation owing to demand.

• Like 1

When Chef Table happens is dependent on the ship. On some ships, you can select when you go. I have been on the first formal night before and on the last night of the cruise at least twice.  None of these were to Alaska, though. On my next cruise, I am scheduled on first sea day but I got to choose.  

Alaska was one of my favorite cruises!  Have fun!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well back from the Alaskan cruise on Luminosa and Chef's Table was on the first Elegant Night.  It was so well worth it.  We really enjoyed it and plan on doing it again.  I can't believe after so many cruises that we have never tried Chef's Table.  I don't think its necessary to do every cruise, but definitely will try it in the future again.