Will Anyone at Azamara Solve Our Problem?

ican82

We have had problems with Azamara going on for 7 months now.  I booked a Japan cruise back in 2019, which was delayed twice to 2023.  As the cruise approached, I was informed that I would not be allowed on board because I had not had my third Covid vaccination, and no medical excuses were allowed (despite the fact that I had been hospitalized after the first two vaccinations).  After weeks of back and forth, we were allowed to shift to another cruise (actually a B2B) of similar value, with a small balance to be paid.  As the payment deadline for the two new cruises approached on May 1, I attempted to pay it, but was informed that we actually owed the total value of the second cruise.  My travel agent insisted that this was not correct, and after weeks of emails and phone calls, Azamara agreed.  But three months later, they are still trying to fix the amount owing.  Nobody who was involved in the original switch to the B2B will return our emails or phone calls, and everyone else insists that it is the new website's fault.  The problem with this logic is that there were human beings involved in the original arrangement, but they have apparently washed their hands of the situation.  I have a 20 email chain from January - February with one woman, who now does not respond.  The bottom line is that the new computer system may be a huge problem, but individuals at Azamara could help by simply looking at their own emails.  I recognize that many at Azamara must be frustrated, but they can either be part of the solution, or part of problem.

44 minutes ago, ican82 said:

We have had problems with Azamara going on for 7 months now.  I booked a Japan cruise back in 2019, which was delayed twice to 2023.  As the cruise approached, I was informed that I would not be allowed on board because I had not had my third Covid vaccination, and no medical excuses were allowed (despite the fact that I had been hospitalized after the first two vaccinations).  After weeks of back and forth, we were allowed to shift to another cruise (actually a B2B) of similar value, with a small balance to be paid.  As the payment deadline for the two new cruises approached on May 1, I attempted to pay it, but was informed that we actually owed the total value of the second cruise.  My travel agent insisted that this was not correct, and after weeks of emails and phone calls, Azamara agreed.  But three months later, they are still trying to fix the amount owing.  Nobody who was involved in the original switch to the B2B will return our emails or phone calls, and everyone else insists that it is the new website's fault.  The problem with this logic is that there were human beings involved in the original arrangement, but they have apparently washed their hands of the situation.  I have a 20 email chain from January - February with one woman, who now does not respond.  The bottom line is that the new computer system may be a huge problem, but individuals at Azamara could help by simply looking at their own emails.  I recognize that many at Azamara must be frustrated, but they can either be part of the solution, or part of problem.

I suggest that you make hard copies of all the relevant documentation and send it to the CEO, by a signed-for method.

Include a detailed summary of the events and problems arising.

• Like 1

Certified mail, return receipt requested, label the envelope personal and confidential. Keep a copy of everything you send in the envelope. If you have a friend who is a lawyer, have him or her include a secondary letter to the CEO. Legal letters are intimidating. I have to say, I'm surprised at the run around you are getting. We've had some relatively minor issues, all was corrected rather quickly. Good luck. 

7 hours ago, ican82 said:

Check your magic 8ball if you have one.  I checked mine for you and the answer I received was, "highly unlikely."  Sorry!

Thank you for your responses to my venting.  I really want to love Azamara, as we had one of our best  cruises with them 9 years ago.  But the time and effort that has gone into trying to keep these two cruises from falling apart like the last one has been too much.  There are too many other excellent alternatives out there to go through this again.  I do hope that when and if we finally get onboard, the crew and the experience will win us over, as others have reported.

• Like 3