Weather in Mazatlán, Puerto Vallarta an Cabo San Lucas In December

momofmatt

1 hour ago, momofmatt said:

Looking to take our "honeymoon" cruise in December over Christmas (12/23/23/ - 12/30/23).  What is the weather like?

The weather leaving Long Beach and returning could be rainy and likely very chilly. As you get closer to Mexico, it will warm up. Your days in port will be warm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, momofmatt said:

Looking to take our "honeymoon" cruise in December over Christmas (12/23/23/ - 12/30/23).  What is the weather like?

We went in December of last year and the weather was perfect. It was in the mid 70’s to 80’s the entire time we were in Mexico. I just wore my long pants and jacket on embarkation and debarkation day. But the rest of the time we wore shorts, T-shirts and capris. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tonit964 said:

The weather leaving Long Beach and returning could be rainy and likely very chilly. As you get closer to Mexico, it will warm up. Your days in port will be warm.

Exactly this. The second SeaDay out of LB will be warmer, and Mexico will be warm. 

• Like 1

Yep, same for me.  Did the Mexican Rivera beginning of December 2022.  The last day back, a sea day, I had on warm clothes all day.  Didn't bother me at all.  By the last day, I was done with the hot tub, pool, water slides, and hot sun.  It was good to be bundled up nice and warm enjoying the ship inside and out.  Be sure to bring plenty of "summer" clothes for the days in Mexico as it does get hot.  For me, on this trip, it was much colder on the last sea day vs. the first sea day.  I was glad I packed warm comfy items.

• Like 1