Gluten Free Desserts

wrg

Hi all,

We will be on the Adventure of the Seas next May and would like to know if anyone has experience with the gluten free food options, specifically dessert. My daughter and I are often disappointed. I'm not a chocolate fan but will tolerate it. Any input would be great. Thanks.

4 minutes ago, wrg said:

Hi all,

We will be on the Adventure of the Seas next May and would like to know if anyone has experience with the gluten free food options, specifically dessert. My daughter and I are often disappointed. I'm not a chocolate fan but will tolerate it. Any input would be great. Thanks.

On Radiance Class I observed more Gluten Free items choose from in WJ then Main Dining though they will have some there also. Hopefully someone else on here can update you on current selection for Adventure. Daughter eats 100% GF Diet and she Cruises twice a yr

I have also seen a lot in WJ vs the MDR.
That being said, the few times we cruised with my BiL(he has Celiac Disease 100%GF)
Every night in the MDR they would bring out the menu for the following night and he would place his order, including a couple of desserts 🙂 

The windjammer and cafe prom had some gluten free cakes. However just be care full as some look identical to non gluten free cakes and the labels esp in the windjammer were often moved by people grabbing cakes. That said if you ask a nice waiter they will get you some gluten free cookies and biscuits in sealed packets. My mom had a few stashed in her room 👍

Royal’s gluten free offering is badly let down by its lack of desserts.  They completely lack imagination and haven’t improved in the 13 years since my diagnosis.  I sailed on my first P&O cruise last month and they had such variety by comparison.  Royal can’t even make decent pancakes.

• 2 weeks later...

It’s been many years but when we used to sail with someone who was gluten free the favorite was the pancakes in MDR at breakfast.  They use Krusteaz.  Not sure if that is still the case though. Cafe promenade usually had peanut butter cookies.  As mentioned above, she was able to preorder dinner for the following night.  They do this because some meals not marked as gluten free can be modified with the advance notice.  They always had gluten free bread immediately when seated (one of the benefits of having the same server every night). Windjammer seems to have more gluten free options than previously but don’t know about quality.