Question re booking made by TA

regnig

Is there a way to cancel a future booking made by my TA?  She is currently dealing with a death in the family and I hate to bother her.  If "yes" what happens with the deposit? Do I have to call HAL as I see nothing on my booking page that allows that change. Other than the deposit nothing else has been paid to HAL.

Many thanks!

Did you book a non refundable booking? If so you may lose the deposit or HAL may allow transfer to a future booking. In any event, since you booked through a TA. HAL will require going through the TA. 

If you want to move the booking to another TA, you will need a form that the current TA signs to release and new TA accepts. 

If it's a refundable deposit, you can call the TA company and ask for someone else to help with it, or cancel. (Or maybe they have a website you can cancel the cruise online). 

The outcome of the deposit will depend on the terms of the booking. 

As far as I know, only your TA can cancel the cruise. Is there someone else in heer office? Can you wait a bit - or is final payment near?

As to the deposit. As soon as the cruise is cancelled, HAL will refund it IF it was a refundable deposit. It will be refunded to whatever account you used to make it. I had mine within a day last fall when I switched cruises. If it was a non-refundable deposit, it will NOT be refunded - you loose it.

• Like 1