Magic Carpet Suite Guarantee on the Edge

Beo67

We have a magic carpet suite guarantee on the edge but the room category seems to be sold out. Has anyone else experienced this and if so what cabin did you end up getting? Thanks!

When I booked it, the TA thought it was weird that they were offering a suite guarantee as 

all the MC Suites were booked.  I was concerned as we are on a b2b and the next cruise we have a cabin.

36 minutes ago, tigervixxxen said:

What makes the MC suite different from a regular Sky Suite?

The MC could go up or down pass your room a few times a day if it is operating.   On our last cruise, the weather was bad, so the MC only get to move during the first 2 days.  The rest of the cruise it was stationary and closed.  Then MC SS is just like a normal SS just cheaper to book, I think.

13 hours ago, Beo67 said:

When I booked it, the TA thought it was weird that they were offering a suite guarantee as 

all the MC Suites were booked.  I was concerned as we are on a b2b and the next cruise we have a cabin.

They often offer Guarantee cabin for sold out categories. 
It is not uncommon for a sold out category to have cabins open up as final payment comes due.  Also last minute cancellations due to sickness, accident, etc.

We have a final payment due today and in the last week over a dozen suites have opened up.

Edited by jelayne
  • Like 1

I've always received a cabin in the Guaranteed Category but on one occasion it was not assigned until I was at the Port.     While cabins may not be showing in inventory they usually have some either on reserve or are feed up as a result of move-up bids.

• Like 1

Are they generally ok? Have seen a cruise on beyond in October & suite guarantee is way cheaper than regular. Thinking with all the messing around with butlers May as well try a guarantee. Trouble is dh wants a land holiday 😬 need to be able to persuade him on price….