Juneau Tour to Tracy Arm

wallyboag

Hello-

I know that Tracy Arm excursions from cruise lines are usually one way as it is a bit of a distance from Juneau.

However, our ship will be in Juneau from 7:30AM until 9:00 PM so we have a lot of time. I have been trying to find an excursion from Juneau to Tracy Arm, but am coming up short. Does this tour exist? Anyone have any ideas of an operator that has something like that?

Barring going to Tracy Arm, since our ship is going to be navigating Stephen's passage in darkness, are there any small boat scenic excursions that leave from Downtown Juneau, not from Auke bay? I have done several Auke bay whale watches and would like to try something different this year since our ship will be in port so long. I thought it would be nice to explore Stephen's Passage and/or Tracy Arm in a small boat.

We did this boat trip from downtown Juneau via a Celebrity Eclipse ship excursion in June. It was Allen Marine that provided the boat trip. It was a long day but we saw a whale bubble feeding on the way and the fjord and glacier were spectacular even though the weather wasn't great. 

8 hours ago, Coral said:

Right now - do not book with Adventure Bound. They are having issues this year. I used to love this tour but right now, I would not recommend them.

You could book with Allen Marine: https://allenmarinetours.com/juneau/tracy-arm-fjord-glacier-explorer/#gsc.tab=0 

Looks like you must book through the cruise ship for Allen Marine.  Unfortunately our cruise in mid Sept does not seem to offer it.  I suspect that they stop offering this tour after early Sept. 

Last month on HAL our ship arrived at 10.00 am. Everyone said you can’t see Tracey Arm. I did some digging and was able to go. It was a bit pricey so I recommend getting 2 more couples to share the cost. We had a private tour and it was amazing. He ate hot crab drank some yummy wine. It was amazing. He took us up to the many warter falls as well. It’s something I will never forget.  Here’s the link. You will need walk to the hotel get a cab to the dock then urber or cab back. Not a big deal for us. 

https://www.kelisconcierge.com/

Edited by notalandlover
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Coral said:

Right now - do not book with Adventure Bound. They are having issues this year. I used to love this tour but right now, I would not recommend them.

You could book with Allen Marine: https://allenmarinetours.com/juneau/tracy-arm-fjord-glacier-explorer/#gsc.tab=0 

https://www.juneauempire.com/news/adventure-bound-alaska-was-grounded-issued-citations-and-continued-to-operate/

• Thanks 1

Could not book through Allen - got this note:

Allen Marine is committed to the long-standing relationships we have cultivated with our cruise line partners. Booking through your cruise line’s website is the most expedient and effortless way to book a trip, and includes several built-in benefits and guarantees. 

18 hours ago, Traveller1212 said:

I think you can possibly book directly with Allen - this is in lower right corner of their Home page…

IMG_7281.jpeg

Thanks!  I checked it out and found this option, but they only tour through Sept 6 and we are there a week later!  Was really looking forward to this tour.