New to Cunard sailing the Quebec to NYC itinerary on October 6

misguy

We were in a PG on recent transatlantic on QM2 and enjoyed it greatly. Lots of table service and flambé in PG restaurant. You’ll enjoy the suite with a real bathroom and walk-in closet. I recently posted a review on CC Cunard site on that PG/QM2 experience so check it out. 
Also, embrace the dress code as a vast majority of people are formal on Gala nights and even on Smart Attire nights, many men wear blazers etc, especially in the PG and Grills Lounge. Embrace the dress code, it’s a very nice part of Cunard. 
Don’t worry yourself too much in Theme Nights though.
Onboard is not a stuffy or snobby atmosphere, just relaxed and elegant. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, NE John said:

We were in a PG on recent transatlantic on QM2 and enjoyed it greatly. Lots of table service and flambé in PG restaurant. You’ll enjoy the suite with a real bathroom and walk-in closet. I recently posted a review on CC Cunard site on that PG/QM2 experience so check it out. 
Also, embrace the dress code as a vast majority of people are formal on Gala nights and even on Smart Attire nights, many men wear blazers etc, especially in the PG and Grills Lounge. Embrace the dress code, it’s a very nice part of Cunard. 
Don’t worry yourself too much in Theme Nights though.
Onboard is not a stuffy or snobby atmosphere, just relaxed and elegant. 

John,

Ditto to our experiences last September on our 14 day sailing in the PG Class Cabin and Restaurant.

We very much appreciated the Cabin space that was available. And the experience of the PG restaurant at each meal, we appreciated the dedicated Dining Room Staff with those little touches of caring for us. And we got to use the Flambe' more than we had in past sailings.

Of course, ditto with the dress code was one of the reasons we look forward to enjoy as part of PG.

Also sailing those 14 days, we enjoyed experiencing four different and not repeated Theme Evenings.

We met many wonderful passengers both in our PG Class and through out the ship we enjoyed continuing our company together. 

We are looking forward to continue to enjoy and experience the PG and it's features especially the dining room hours and continued staff to our table.  

1 hour ago, misguy said:

I would love to know what to expect onboard and any helpful tips.  We are staying in a Princess Grill Suite

Also ask your cabin steward or Grills Concerirge what is included for you. Nothing is spelled out when you get there. 

On 8/1/2023 at 6:41 PM, NE John said:

Also ask your cabin steward or Grills Concerirge what is included for you. Nothing is spelled out when you get there. 

We have always had a letter from the concierge outlining the benefits of Princess or Queens Grill. There has also been a letter from the club reminding us of the benefits. I wouldn't discourage anyone from asking the concierge, though, just in case everything isn't covered in the letters.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, david,Mississauga said:

We have always had a letter from the concierge outlining the benefits of Princess or Queens Grill. There has also been a letter from the club reminding us of the benefits. I wouldn't discourage anyone from asking the concierge, though, just in case everything isn't covered in the letters.

Yes, in PG we found out that personalized stationary needs to be asked for, if wanted, and need use room service for daily fruit (afterwards fruit delivered by steward). 
I’d still trust but verify everything. 

27 minutes ago, NE John said:

Yes, in PG we found out that personalized stationary needs to be asked for, if wanted, and need use room service for daily fruit (afterwards fruit delivered by steward). 
I’d still trust but verify everything. 

Last September we didn't have to ask for the fruit. Each day something missing, she replaced it without asking. We got it from our Stewardess not room service.

Stationary form was waiting on embarkation on the desk and got stationary the following morning on our desk.

Don't know if they changed. All worked well automatically..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just made this cruise more interesting as we are sailing from New York to Quebec in an inside cabin, and the reverse will still be in Princess Grill.  The pricing on the New York to Quebec was so cheap we couldn't walk away, and the flights were significantly cheaper RT NYC.  

• Like 1