Question About the Navigator App

mhoffrob

I've seen several references to seeing menus from OTHER cruises on the app (today someone referenced "this years" Hawaii menus in Navigator) and I cannot figure out if that is possible, or how I would do that.  All I can get at are the options for my upcoming Zuiderdam cruise on 9/30.  In the Celebrity app you can peek at a ships current cruise to see the menus and the daily news, etc.  Is this truly possible?  FYI, I'm on an android phone . . . 

thanks!

If you are not on a cruise then the Navigator App shows today's menu for the ship for your next booked cruise.  There is no way, that I can find, to view other ship menus or other days menus.

• Like 2

Too bad. I love living vicariously through other people's cruises!  I myself was hoping to see a daily activity list just to see what kinds of things we could expect to be able to do during sea days (lectures, demos, etc.).  We will be on the Rotterdam in January for one of the Panama Canal trips.

3 hours ago, mckath said:

Too bad. I love living vicariously through other people's cruises!  I myself was hoping to see a daily activity list just to see what kinds of things we could expect to be able to do during sea days (lectures, demos, etc.).  We will be on the Rotterdam in January for one of the Panama Canal trips.

However,  note HAL operates from a list of menus, 15 or 20 in number. While they may add or subtract an item for local considerations, they are generally the same fleet wide. As I recall,  there are 3 Gala menus...I think they are named by color "Gold", "Silver", etc. So if you have a cruise booked, you can see the onboard menu for that day, and a name for it. The Navigator app wants to download them onto your device,  so you could build a collection. 

I have been viewing the Navigator App for the MDR menus of my upcoming Nieuw Amsterdam. This week, the ship is sailing on the same itinerary as my cruise in 2 weeks, so I am assuming the menus will be the same. To my nice surprise, for yesterday and tonight - there is now a "Crew Dish of the Day" choice. Yesterday was Pork Adobo, today is Beef Rendang. I definitely will be ordering those as an extra entree!

16 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

However,  note HAL operates from a list of menus, 15 or 20 in number. While they may add or subtract an item for local considerations, they are generally the same fleet wide. As I recall,  there are 3 Gala menus...I think they are named by color "Gold", "Silver", etc. So if you have a cruise booked, you can see the onboard menu for that day, and a name for it. The Navigator app wants to download them onto your device,  so you could build a collection. 

Yes, indeed.  The Silver & Gold are the formal** night menus for almost all of the year. There is a Red & Green set for Christmas cruises.

** - Yeah, I know it's Dressy now and it used to be Gala. I'm a kindly old codger and I'm sticking with the naming conventions of yore.