What did you think of Harvest Caye?

Califonria cruiser

Was considering a cruise that went here in December and it would be a new stop for us. We have been to many of the other cruise line private islands. How does it compare? What are the best things to do there? How is the sand/beach area? What about paddleboards/kayaks? I was thinking the water temps might be warmer than the Bahamas type islands which is a huge perk in Dec.

Jenn

• 1 month later...

We've been to Harvest Caye twice now and it's a beautiful port. The beach is very big and plenty of seating. The pool is huge as well with a bridge over it (and underneath a small waterfall in the pool). There's an animal area with birds. You can also do tours there like the Monkey River and others. 

HERE'S my first review with tons of pictures and HERE's my second review if you are interested. 

Harvest Cay is a great beach day. Again, amazing pool, huge beach, and lots to do. I will say food and drinks are expensive and as far as beer they only serve local beers, and last time i checked they were about $8 or $9 each. We typically spend the morning on the beach or at the pool and then head back to the ship around lunchtime. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/16/2023 at 12:02 PM, tundra1 said:

Has anyone rented kayaks on Harvest Caye?  Do you have to stay in a marked area of the lagoon. or are their side channels you can explore?  We are going in March.  TIA!

When renting the kayaks or electric boats you do a loop around the entire lagoon. There is no side channels as they are all blocked either by land or by inflatable walls 

13 hours ago, tundra1 said:

Okay, thanks!  That sounds like it won't be as much fun as being able to go off and explore on our own.  

you dont have a guide for this, simply a rental fee. when we went in April couldnt have been more then 5 or so out on the lagoon 

Looking at the map, it seems as though there are lots of areas to explore.  So, I was wondering if you can kayak around all those little islands that lead to the eastern point, or if you have to stay in the area of the boat launch only.

Thanks!

image.thumb.png.b982c626bfefa0c1ac7f37308d0c7534.png