Room Upgrade after Booking

Photodom

I was just wondering if anyone had booked their cruise and after they had arrived on board, asked if it was possible to get a room upgrade? I was thinking along the lines of upgrading from a Balcony cabin to a Suite.

I am traveling on Azura later in August and in some of the videos I have seen, the Balcony Cabin looks a bit small.  I travelled on Queen Elizabeth last year and the cabin was much larger.

Just curious.

As there are so few suites on most P&O ships, I would be very surprised if any were empty and available at time of boarding. Even if there were, my guess is that they would use the price in operation at the time you booked to base the upgrade cost on. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Photodom said:

I was just wondering if anyone had booked their cruise and after they had arrived on board, asked if it was possible to get a room upgrade? I was thinking along the lines of upgrading from a Balcony cabin to a Suite.

I am traveling on Azura later in August and in some of the videos I have seen, the Balcony Cabin looks a bit small.  I travelled on Queen Elizabeth last year and the cabin was much larger.

Just curious.

I assume your QE cabin was a suite as there's not much difference in the standard balcony cabins on either ship.  QE are around 228sq ft, Azura between 221sq ft and 421sq ft.

31 minutes ago, Photodom said:

Just curious.

Almost zero chance of upgrading to a suite if you leave it until you are on the ship, especially as P&O now have a ‘bid to upgrade’ system which encourages people to trade up. If you are thinking that you want a suite, you’d be far better calling your travel agent (or P&O if you booked direct) ASAP and enquiring if there is any availability. The policy is that you will pay the price difference that applied at the time that you booked. 

1 hour ago, Photodom said:

Just curious.

A suite is not the next cabin level, assuming you are talking about a standard balcony.  The next grade would be a deluxe balcony.  Most, possibly all of those, are on deck D and are bigger than the standard balconies.

Edited by tring