Help needed: Mariner of the Seas inside cabin

Booked on Mariner for Nov, 2023 in an inside cabin located on deck 8. I have searched on line and You Tube for recent tours of the inside cabin rooms. I am seeing TWO different looks for this room. One I would consider an updated room and one with a more outdated look. One bathroom (updated) has shelves in the bathroom, while the (outdated) bathroom has no shelves, just an angled corner cabinet behind a mirror. 

How would I know if inside cabins have been updated on deck 8? 

Thank you for any help.

1 minute ago, StGeorgeCruisers said:

Booked on Mariner for Nov, 2023 in an inside cabin located on deck 8. I have searched on line and You Tube for recent tours of the inside cabin rooms. I am seeing TWO different looks for this room. One I would consider an updated room and one with a more outdated look. One bathroom (updated) has shelves in the bathroom, while the (outdated) bathroom has no shelves, just an angled corner cabinet behind a mirror. 

How would I know if inside cabins have been updated on deck 8? 

Thank you for any help.

I've seen the glass shelves in the corner angled bathrooms. I'd assume if they arent there, the glass shelves are missing, not that its updated or not. I did liberty and felt the green is dated. Mariner next may. I'm not expecting updated. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OCSC Mike said:

Screw the cabin, it has more important updates like Playmakers.

That's certainly something to look forward to. And for unknown reasons my TA gave me more obc to spend. One last farewell to texas possibly, unless I do oct 2024 harmony.

I admit I love junk food and playmakers. Extra obc, boring ports, oh wait I can spend it on FOOD. Ha. I read all these posts about well I've had better onion rings 6 months ago. I'm like 6 months ago? Bring on the onion ring tower. I'm in the camp I wish more ships had playmakers. 

I'll suffer with all that green furniture. 

• Like 1

There are a few “newer” inside cabins that were added when the ship was amplified in 2018.  This is from an old post “ … there are a few inside staterooms on Deck 9 (9329, 9331, 9333, 9335) that are also new.” Cabins   1101 and 1103 on Deck 11 are also new.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

And for unknown reasons my TA gave me more obc to spend.

Hrmm... maybe once I book more cruises he'll be nicer to me... although I did send my SIL his way and she already booked 3 cruises and some of them have multiple cabins. A referral fee in the form of OBC seems appropriate, right? 🤣

13 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm in the camp I wish more ships had playmakers.

Agreed. Skipped it on Wonder in June (other than the bar) even though my BIL said he wanted to go. Darn extended family and their suite/CK preferences got in the way of my normal routine, lol. We won't be skipping it on any of our upcoming cruises. Even my picky wife loves the burger and garlic parm fries there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

That's certainly something to look forward to. And for unknown reasons my TA gave me more obc to spend. One last farewell to texas possibly, unless I do oct 2024 harmony.

I admit I love junk food and playmakers. Extra obc, boring ports, oh wait I can spend it on FOOD. Ha. I read all these posts about well I've had better onion rings 6 months ago. I'm like 6 months ago? Bring on the onion ring tower. I'm in the camp I wish more ships had playmakers. 

I'll suffer with all that green furniture. 

Classic burger, onion ring tower and a goal post margarita.  Puts JR to a shameful shame. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

That site just redirects you to cruisedeckplans.com once you choose a ship and cabin type.

I bought a lifetime membership to that site, havent remembered my log in lol. Been a really long time. I used to sell pictures to them of my cabins.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I bought a lifetime membership to that site, havent remembered my log in lol. Been a really long time. I used to sell pictures to them of my cabins.

I was too cheap to buy the membership. Good site though.

When I was booking those upcoming Wonder interiors it helped me learn that some (perhaps all?) of the aft interiors on the higher decks only have a chair, no couch, with a weird layout. I'm not picky but I like my tiny couch so we wound up forward on all of them.

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1