Eating dinner at 5-6 pm in Seatac after Alaska Airline flight

azalice

We will be arriving on Alaska Airlines about 5 pm and want to eat an early dinner before a taxi ride to our pre-cruise hotel night at Mayflower Park hotel. We know dining will be better in downtown Seattle, but by the time we get our bags and find food, we will need to eat. I would appreciate some suggestions for eating a dinner type meal at SeaTac terminal, a restaurant with general chicken, fish, beef meals which would include gluten free eating. Price not an issue right now.

There really isnt anything in the terminal after baggage claim / before security .  You could go to Saltys ( not sure about gluten free) but it is in departures which puts your  bags at risk. You are staying at a hotel with one of the great restaurants in Downtown.  They have an excellent and extensive GF menu. 

25 minutes ago, azalice said:

What if we pick up our bags at baggage, go back to restaurants in the terminal? Are there some in the terminal you might suggest? We are willing to take our bags with us. 

That would require going back through security, by that time, you could be at your hotel.  I am not sure you could  actually do that .  All of the restaurants are in the departure side of security.  There might be a coffee stand, but really nothing that meets your needs.

I would not leave the bags on the belt and trust that they will be picked up and cared for by the airline.  The perfect situation for them to make there way out of the airport with the wrong person.  If it is any help Alaska has an excellent reputation for fast baggage delivery.  You could be on your way to your hotel quickly

• Like 2

Alaska has vegan and gluten free options that you can preorder for your flight and something to tide you over until you get to your hotel.  Does  the Mayflower have the rooftop restaurant?  Beats eating at the airport imo.

6 hours ago, azalice said:

Thanks for info. I thought we could pick up our bags and then go back into the terminal..Maybe we will have to eat in the terminal and then go get our bags.

There are large signs at SEATAC with verbiage to the effect that once you leave the terminal area do not expect to re-enter the terminal.  I seriously doubt that you will be able to leave the secure area, pick up your bags, and then somehow have them scanned again to re-enter the secured area.  Your airline will not somehow re-check your bags.

We have stayed a number of times at the Mayflower Park.  While there is no rooftop restaurant their on-site restaurant is excellent.  And their bar, Oliver's, serves large (think small plates) food offerings.  Go directly to the hotel.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

There are large signs at SEATAC with verbiage to the effect that once you leave the terminal area do not expect to re-enter the terminal.  I seriously doubt that you will be able to leave the secure area, pick up your bags, and then somehow have them scanned again to re-enter the secured area.  Your airline will not somehow re-check your bags.

We have stayed a number of times at the Mayflower Park.  While there is no rooftop restaurant their on-site restaurant is excellent.  And their bar, Oliver's, serves large (think small plates) food offerings.  Go directly to the hotel.

Thanks for clarifying we always stay near the airport and go to 13 Coins, the hotel shuttles us back and forth.

Arrive at 5 PM.

Bags claimed by 5:30 (sooner in most cases.)

Into cab/Uber by 5:50 PM (over the skybridge, down to transport hub.)

At the Mayflower by 6:20 PM (Friday traffic can be minimized by using the diamond lanes.)  

Leave your bags with the concierge, then dinner at Andaluca, or pupus at Oliver's, or if you feel adventurous, walk around the block to the Asean StrEAT food court in the Westlake Center building (abuts the Mayflower) - very fun Seattle spin on a SE Asian hawker food center - umpteen SE Asian stalls.  

Easy peasy.  

• Like 3

There's a lot of fast "grab and go" options to tide you over, but it's largely dependent where you land. Alaska utilizes N, C, and D gates, so it's hard to plan. As others have said, if you have bags that you're waiting to pick up, you don't want to leave them straggling at the carousel. I have SkyClub access and if I'm waiting for bags I'll track my bags via the app and use the SkyClub for the bathroom, a coffee and a light snack if I have time. The Centurion lounge and the Lounge at SEA does not have arrival privileges, unfortunately. As others have said, if you can be held over by a snack, getting out of the airport and to your hotel is the best option.  

On 8/4/2023 at 1:42 PM, azalice said:

We will be arriving on Alaska Airlines about 5 pm and want to eat an early dinner before a taxi ride to our pre-cruise hotel night at Mayflower Park hotel. We know dining will be better in downtown Seattle, but by the time we get our bags and find food, we will need to eat. I would appreciate some suggestions for eating a dinner type meal at SeaTac terminal, a restaurant with general chicken, fish, beef meals which would include gluten free eating. Price not an issue right now.

why not just bring your own snacks to tide you over?  i live in Los Angeles, and every time I fly Alaska Air to Seattle ( its only a 2-2.5 hour flight),I bring my own food.  I make crustless quiche in  muffin tins a few days before, and then bring them on board.   I see many folks board the plane with bags of take out 

@9tee2Sea You’ll have luggage by 5:30, you don’t say how you’re getting downtown, but I would think you’d be to the Mayflower no later than 7:00. There are lots of places around the Mayflower to catch a quick dinner, including downstairs. If you really want to eat at SeaTac the easiest is just before you leave the secure area there is a restaurant at the C gates. But remember, your baggage is going to be down there going around and around unattended.

• Like 1

Given the option, I would NEVER choose to eat in an airport. The quality won’t be the best and the prices are astronomical given the rents they have to pay to even be there! 

We’ll be there in three week and also arriving on Alaska air. We’ll go to the hotel and either out from there or just grubhub and have it delivered. We have Amazon prime, so we have free grubhub plus.