Chef's Table and Specialty Dining Conflict

cloudninecat

This is my first time booking The Chef's table. When do they let you know what the date and time is? If we have another specialty dining booked (in advance) and it conflicts. Will they let me cancel with a refund even if it's less than 24 hours' notice? Our specialty dining is booked on the 2nd night. That gives us very little time to cancel depending on when they let us know the date and time. TIA!

3 hours ago, cloudninecat said:

This is my first time booking The Chef's table. When do they let you know what the date and time is? If we have another specialty dining booked (in advance) and it conflicts. Will they let me cancel with a refund even if it's less than 24 hours' notice? Our specialty dining is booked on the 2nd night. That gives us very little time to cancel depending on when they let us know the date and time. TIA!

I can't say for certain about cancelling but I know from experience that they'll let you move one or the other to another night without issue. I had that happen onboard and just shifted my sTeakhouse reservation to a different night.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LatinaInTexas said:

When I booked Chefs Table for next months cruise on Celebration I was given the option to pick the day, all the days have the same time 6:30. 

I wonder if that's because it's such a big ship? We're on the Spirit and when we booked it stated it will let us know the date when we get onboard. The time is 6:30 though. 

3 hours ago, LatinaInTexas said:

When I booked Chefs Table for next months cruise on Celebration I was given the option to pick the day, all the days have the same time 6:30. 

3 hours ago, cloudninecat said:

I wonder if that's because it's such a big ship? We're on the Spirit and when we booked it stated it will let us know the date when we get onboard. The time is 6:30 though. 

Ships starting with the Vista have designated rooms for the Chefs table, they are not taking over a separate area for it.  That's why it is offered more on the newer ships and not ships like the Spirit.  

• Like 3