A Mystery

exlondoner

2 hours ago, Victoria2 said:
2 hours ago, exlondoner said:

And over the years, I have enjoyed Coriander, La Piazza, and Riviera very much, though the helpings in all are far too large.

and we have dined occasionally in Bamboo so add that to the very enjoyable list.

And if you happen to be on a Norway cruise, we thought the Nordlys pop-up restaurant was exceptionally good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We already know that QA will be doing more Alternative Dining options, that much is already on the Cunard website. Cunard was a bit slow to the party on this area of ancillary income but with QA they are creating quite a few new options. See the main QA thread for more details.

For the Lido / Kings Court pop-ups the evening meal cost is $20 per person booked in advance, $25 on board. It's evening only for them. Verandah, the steakhouse venue, isn't really a pop-up, and is nowhere near the Lido, does do lunch and evening meals, in the $25-$50 range per person. Some of their items have a supplement on top, such as $10 per person extra for the Fruits de Mer platter, minimum of 2 people.

• Thanks 2

Earlier today I had an email from Cunard, saying I should be getting excited about my QA voyage. I think it is a little soon: after all the ship may be delayed again. However, it also reminded me of my world club benefits which would be available on board, and specifically mentioned a complimentary meal in one of the alternative dining venues, for what it is worth.

• Like 2

On 9/8/2023 at 4:56 AM, Wordzz said:

And if you happen to be on a Norway cruise, we thought the Nordlys pop-up restaurant was exceptionally good.

I hope they have Nordlys on my Norway cruise this fall. The menu looks good. Was it Nordlys every night on your cruise, or did they have other popups?

18 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I hope they have Nordlys on my Norway cruise this fall. The menu looks good. Was it Nordlys every night on your cruise, or did they have other popups?

I think Nordlys ran every eve, though not 100% sure. It wasn't hugely busy when we went, so I imagine you wouldn't find it hard to get a table. Booked it on the My Voyage app, which worked fine for us. 

Again not 100% sure, because we only used Nordlys, but I'm pretty sure they also had the pan-Asian pop-up too. 

3 hours ago, Wordzz said:

I think Nordlys ran every eve, though not 100% sure. It wasn't hugely busy when we went, so I imagine you wouldn't find it hard to get a table. Booked it on the My Voyage app, which worked fine for us. 

Again not 100% sure, because we only used Nordlys, but I'm pretty sure they also had the pan-Asian pop-up too. 

Thanks. I'm really looking forward to trying Nordlys. Did they do any Norway-inspired dishes in the regular restaurants?