Lost luggage reassurance....

Mauzac

2 hours ago, Mauzac said:

Thank you, yes.  I hope Alesund happens and the weather doesn't stop us,  

As far as anything like a jacket loaned from SB I have asked two members of the ventures/expedition team who I know from past cruises, and I have asked three different Guest Services people at different times....nothing!  I am surprised at this actually.  

Thank you for your response. 👍😊

Hmmm... I know it is the same ship.  I'll see if I can find out who exactly loaned the jacket.  

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, SLSD said:

Mauzac, I've just read that the storm was so severe that Ovation had to bypass Alesund.  I am so sorry.  

Yes!  So near and yet so far... you couldn't make it up!

37 minutes ago, Mauzac said:

Update...

Our luggage has arrived in Alesund from Oslo but Captain has announced, due to weather, we are not docking.

Not sure what next plan is..

What a disappointment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SLSD said:

Perhaps Tromso is your next best hope for your luggage to be delivered?  

I do hope so, at least there is time to get it there.

I have worked out a cunning plan for shoes for our excursion tomorrow as I only have heels I wore over.  I am size 6, husband is 12, I can wear the towelling slippers inside his shoes...bit like clown shoes.   Needs must... 😂🤣😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Mauzac said:

Update...

Our luggage has arrived in Alesund from Oslo but Captain has announced, due to weather, we are not docking.

Not sure what next plan is..

I had a horrible feeling that may happen after speaking to family yesterday. My 90 yr old godmother who is at her house up on the coast said she has not seen a summer storm such as this in decades, although inland is affected even worse. At the moment the weather looks good for you on Friday.

Which port are you in tomorrow?

Edited by Isklaar

18 minutes ago, Isklaar said:

I had a horrible feeling that may happen after speaking to family yesterday. My 90 yr old godmother who is at her house up on the coast said she has not seen a summer storm such as this in decades, although inland is affected even worse. At the moment the weather looks good for you on Friday.

Which port are you in tomorrow?

It was very stormy last night!

We are a sea day followed by Svolvaer the next day, but won't pin my hopes on that!  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mauzac said:

It was very stormy last night!

We are a sea day followed by Svolvaer the next day, but won't pin my hopes on that!  

I was told that the weather is much better to the north so seas should calm. 

• Like 1

have worked out a cunning plan for shoes for our excursion tomorrow as I only have heels I wore over.  I am size 6, husband is 12, I can wear the towelling slippers inside his shoes...bit like clown shoes.   Needs must... 😂🤣😁

Well done on maintaining your cool and having a sense of humour🤞for Tromso.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I do hope so, at least there is time to get it there.

I have worked out a cunning plan for shoes for our excursion tomorrow as I only have heels I wore over.  I am size 6, husband is 12, I can wear the towelling slippers inside his shoes...bit like clown shoes.   Needs must... 😂🤣😁

Does your husband have his luggage?  Only yours was lost?

Just now, SLSD said:

Does your husband have his luggage?  Only yours was lost?

No no, it's both of us!  I happened to put his massive size 12s trainers in hand luggage as they took up too much room in the case,  but he has no clothes either.

I just pretend I've been in the hot tub in my bathrobe as I wander down to laundry to wash our clothes!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mauzac said:

No no, it's both of us!  I happened to put his massive size 12s trainers in hand luggage as they took up too much room in the case,  but he has no clothes either.

I just pretend I've been in the hot tub in my bathrobe as I wander down to laundry to wash our clothes!

I did ask my friend from the June Ovation cruise who it was that helped get them a few things to wear.  It was Vitaly at Seabourn Square.  Also Tino was very helpful she said. You might ask for them and see if they can help.  I don't know if Vitaly or Tino are still on the ship.  

When we were on Ovation, I took a look at the offerings in the boutique and was shocked that there wasn't really anything very helpful in the way of clothing for those whose luggage was lost.  If I was choosing the merchandise for the boutique, I would select something  like some Peter Millar polos for men (an American brand), various pants for men, some St. James knit tops for women (in all sizes) as well as attractive knit pants in all sizes that would be at least useful and appropriate for everyday.  Perhaps some black pants and shells and various light dressy jackets (I'm thinking silk).  I can't imagine, under current circumstances) why they are not doing that.  I know the boutique is leased.  Mr. SLSD could not even find a decent Seabourn cap there that was not garish.  

Edited by SLSD

Vitaly is still here in Seabourn square. I don’t know about Tino.  

I agree with you and your husband about the merchandise in the boutique. Although I did purchase a Seabourn hat that I didn’t love, but I felt it was ok. 

Edited by JSC77
New content
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, JSC77 said:

Vitaly is still here in Seabourn square. I don’t know about Tino.  

I agree with you and your husband about the merchandise in the boutique. Although I did purchase a Seabourn hat that I didn’t love, but I felt it was ok. 

Fortunately, my husband was not desperate for a cap as he brought one with him.  But, his last Seabourn cap had bit the dust, so he did want a new one--but not a cap with a large garish logo.  Get real Seabourn--or the people who lease the boutique--stock things your customers want OR need.  

Edited by SLSD
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, SLSD said:

I did ask my friend from the June Ovation cruise who it was that helped get them a few things to wear.  It was Vitaly at Seabourn Square.  Also Tino was very helpful she said. You might ask for them and see if they can help.  I don't know if Vitaly or Tino are still on the ship.  

When we were on Ovation, I took a look at the offerings in the boutique and was shocked that there wasn't really anything very helpful in the way of clothing for those whose luggage was lost.  If I was choosing the merchandise for the boutique, I would select something  like some Peter Millar polos for men (an American brand), various pants for men, some St. James knit tops for women (in all sizes) as well as attractive knit pants in all sizes that would be at least useful and appropriate for everyday.  Perhaps some black pants and shells and various light dressy jackets (I'm thinking silk).  I can't imagine, under current circumstances) why they are not doing that.  I know the boutique is leased.  Mr. SLSD could not even find a decent Seabourn cap there that was not garish.  

Just now, Mauzac said:

I am amazed that there's nothing to buy!

We have been given a credit (thank you SB) but I'm gobsmacked at how little there is to buy.

We travel on Brittany ferries  regularly and i could kit myself out top to toe on a car ferry. SB not!  No make up! Nothing!

13 minutes ago, Mauzac said:

I am amazed that there's nothing to buy!

We have been given a credit (thank you SB) but I'm gobsmacked at how little there is to buy.

We travel on Brittany ferries  regularly and i could kit myself out top to toe on a car ferry. SB not!  No make up! Nothing!

They need the rest of us to set them straight on what they need.  It is amazing.  I don't know if the spa would have makeup.  

I just checked and according to the internet there are places to shop for clothing in Svolvaer.  So, you should be able to find what you need there.  We didn't walk through that town, so I was not sure until I checked.  I hope you and your husband find what you need Mauzac.  Not exactly the way you want to spend your day, but it should be interesting. 

Here's an article on the point of lost or damaged luggage:  https://www.timeout.com/news/these-airlines-get-the-most-lost-and-damaged-luggage-complaints-apparently-080823

Edited by SLSD
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, SLSD said:

I just checked and according to the internet there are places to shop for clothing in Svolvaer.  So, you should be able to find what you need there.  We didn't walk through that town, so I was not sure until I checked.  I hope you and your husband find what you need Mauzac.  Not exactly the way you want to spend your day, but it should be interesting. 

Here's an article on the point of lost or damaged luggage:  https://www.timeout.com/news/these-airlines-get-the-most-lost-and-damaged-luggage-complaints-apparently-080823

Thank you!  Rumour has it we might, just might, get our luggage in Tromso in 2 days.  I am hopeful but not complacent!

Tonight is formal night and captain and officers in the bars pre-dinner.  I have pitched the idea of a network TV  show called "Survival for the Over Privileged"

It's gone down well 🤣

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, SLSD said:

Of course, those are deceptive numbers, as they are dealing with gross complaints over five years.  Any airline with many flights and/or passengers will have a greater chance of more baggage issues, just because of volume.

Let's parse the figures from that report.  With the red numbers showing the number of DAILY flights for the airlines in the top 10 of flights in Europe:

1. Ryanair (954)    3078
  2. British Airways (844)  812
  3. easyJet (565)   1656
  4. Wizz Air (552)   806
  5. Norwegian (419)   Out of business
  6. Flybe (297)  Out of business
  7. Turkish Airlines (195)   1527
  8. Virgin Atlantic (182)   No data
  9. Tap Portugal (160)   No data
  10. Iberia (105)  

So, Ryanair flies over 3000 flights per day, but had 954 complaints in FIVE YEARS.  Do the math.  They do over a million flights a year with less than 200 complaints.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FlyerTalker said:

Of course, those are deceptive numbers, as they are dealing with gross complaints over five years.  Any airline with many flights and/or passengers will have a greater chance of more baggage issues, just because of volume.

Let's parse the figures from that report.  With the red numbers showing the number of DAILY flights for the airlines in the top 10 of flights in Europe:

1. Ryanair (954)    3078
  2. British Airways (844)  812
  3. easyJet (565)   1656
  4. Wizz Air (552)   806
  5. Norwegian (419)   Out of business
  6. Flybe (297)  Out of business
  7. Turkish Airlines (195)   1527
  8. Virgin Atlantic (182)   No data
  9. Tap Portugal (160)   No data
  10. Iberia (105)  

So, Ryanair flies over 3000 flights per day, but had 954 complaints in FIVE YEARS.  Do the math.  They do over a million flights a year with less than 200 complaints.

I agree about the poor methodology. 

However I am confused about the 'Out of business' notation for Norwegian.

Edited by Isklaar

9 minutes ago, Isklaar said:

I agree about the poor methodology. 

However I am confused about the 'Out of business' notation for Norwegian.

The company went into bankruptcy in 2020, so any five year numbers relate to a previous entity.  The trade names have come and gone, along with a myriad of operating units with specialized names.