Pool Chair Saving, RCCL a Joke!!!

Agree, agree, agree. You can always tell a Hogged Chair from a legitimate chair in use.

and IMHO anyone who would try to defend being labeled as a Chair Hog, probably is one. Honestly...do you save multiple chairs for family and friends (chair Hog) do you take a dip in the pool (Pool Patron) or do you leave to go grab a quick bite of lunch that turns out to be 45 minutes to an hour? If the quick bite, you're a Borderline chair hog.

Yeah, you got a real nice Hwy Patrol officer there. He clocked me doing 74 in a 55 and let me off with doing 70 and a $189.00 fine. He explained he could have cited me on the 74 MPH but would have to take my license. My first speeding ticket in 30 years, but was happy I didn't loose my license.

We like Murphy, only Wal Mart within an hour.

Beautiful country, for the rest of you who have never been to NC. Just watch your speed.

Do you remember who it was? My dh's buddy is a HWP.

If a person sets a towel on a chair and then proceeds to the pool, it is saved. If a person sets more than one towel and disappears, he is a chairhog. Remove some of them and watch the fun begin.

We're from Palm Beach, Florida and don't do the sun thing because of medical issues. Have fun, we will! :) :) :)

Do you remember who it was? My dh's buddy is a HWP.

I would have to find my ticket to get the name. I do remember he had told me about a man up in Lake Santeethlah area that did fishing guides. If that helps, cool.

Sad news though, we just bought a Cabin on Carters Lake which is 1 1/2 hours from our house in Atlanta. The lake Santeethlah property is 3 hours away. So I venture to guess that we will be at Carterslake more often.

BMW mom 2002, We have a BMW, a four door 325i. Love it.

I would have to find my ticket to get the name. I do remember he had told me about a man up in Lake Santeethlah area that did fishing guides. If that helps, cool.

Sad news though, we just bought a Cabin on Carters Lake which is 1 1/2 hours from our house in Atlanta. The lake Santeethlah property is 3 hours away. So I venture to guess that we will be at Carterslake more often.

BMW mom 2002, We have a BMW, a four door 325i. Love it.

Ok Cruizin. I found the thread all by myself. Question here in South Carolina is how are hogs best cooked? I spun a chicken just last night.

Ok Cruizin. I found the thread all by myself. Question here in South Carolina is how are hogs best cooked? I spun a chicken just last night.

My dad used to dig a hole fill it with mesquite (sp) and burn it until it was red hot then stick the Pig/hog in burlap wet it down put it in the pit and cover it with tin then bury the tin. All night long we would go out side and check the pit for smoke escaping out of the ground and throw more dirt to cover it.

That was the most tender succlent pig I ever ate.

Now as for Chair Hogs, I don't think the Captain will let us dig a pit.

cruise on...

Reading all the posts about chair hogs is a guilty pleasure for me. I have experienced all the same frustrations. Maybe the problem would be solved if we just picked up the chair and took it with us to the bathroom, into the pool, into the buffet? But seriously...

If I don't find a chair by the pool when I am ready to sunbathe, I just find a chair farther away. But when my 10 year old is in the pool, I need to be near. If there are no chairs, I sit on the side of the pool and watch chairs that are being saved by towels, books, whatever. When no one sits in them for 30 minutes, I pounce. People are often complaining that unattended children are a nuisance, so I keep close tabs on mine. I also make my son sit on the end of my chair when he wants to eat a piece of pizza for lunch. We make due, life is too short and vacations even shorter.

My solution is simple enough. If I can't find a chair I just sit there for 5-10 minutes watching some chairs with towels on them. In 5-10 minutes if nobody shows up I just remove the towels and take the chars. The policy says you are not supposed to save chairs. So if nobody is there for some time then I just take one. Everyone is paying for the cruise and if people kept towels on the chairs all the time, half of the ship would be without a chair.

Hope that helps! :D

LeeAnne

Thanks for clarifying, LeeAnne. I only asked because that was exactly what happened to us one cruise. DH was roped into playing one of those relay pool games... From the time he signed up, to when the races actually started,until they ended, it was about a half hour (or maybe more). Of course, I was watching and cheering for his team. We came back to our 2 chairs (which incidentally had plenty of stuff on them - t-shirts, shoes, towels, books, sunscreen), and our things were on the wet ground with 2 people lounging in our chairs. When we said something, they called us chair hogs because our seats were vacant for a half hour - even though we were participating in an RCCL activity! The funny thing was that there were empty chairs around, but I guess some people feel like they have a point to prove...:rolleyes:

*If* you put someone's things down (and I would pick a chair with only a towel in it as opposed to a laundry list of stuff) then you put it someplace close and dry and keep an eye on it. When you get up, put it back! If someone comes along and is kind and says they just left to play a game then give them the chair back. If they are abusive then ignore them. It's not cut and dry but common sense can prevail and everyone can be happy.

Thanks for clarifying, LeeAnne. I only asked because that was exactly what happened to us one cruise. DH was roped into playing one of those relay pool games... From the time he signed up, to when the races actually started,until they ended, it was about a half hour (or maybe more). Of course, I was watching and cheering for his team. We came back to our 2 chairs (which incidentally had plenty of stuff on them - t-shirts, shoes, towels, books, sunscreen), and our things were on the wet ground with 2 people lounging in our chairs. When we said something, they called us chair hogs because our seats were vacant for a half hour - even though we were participating in an RCCL activity! The funny thing was that there were empty chairs around, but I guess some people feel like they have a point to prove...:rolleyes:

I'd ask RCI for a free cruise! ;)

By the way, if any of you missed it (given the lightning speed with which it was moved to Floataway Lounge), here is the link to something I wrote that was inspired by this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=317886

It's titled "National Cruisographic's Chair Hog Safari". You might enjoy it. :D

LeeAnne

We expierenced the same thing on The Radiance last week. Chair after chair with only a book or towel on it. We did see the Pool attendant remove a sweat shirt that was saving 2 chairs. After he removed the shirt we moved in and then moved 3 peoples items down to the end of the row so we could all sit together. The people showed up just after 11 o' clock and were really pissed off. By this point their items that were on the last 3 chairs were now all on 1 chair. The lady came back later and from a distance swore at us. We didn't let it bother us. Not sure what these people are thinking. This was our last day on the ship and we were all out there at 8:30 a.m. with no chairs. We sat in the shade until chairs came available. I think the best advice is to either remove the items if you are ok with that or bring over a pool attendant to do it.

Happy Sailing.

Vanessa

Archived