HAL's Pinnacle Grill and Canaletto chosen amongst 13 best cruise line restaurants!

Destiny0315

Never even heard of this site, but anything that would list Canaletto and not Tamarind... having a hard time believing that.
Also, when they talk about Pinnacle I have a small edit...

They put "Found on numerous Holland America ships, like the Oosterdam and the Rotterdam"
Next time, try:
"Found on every single Holland America Line ship"

• Like 5

It could be paid advertorial. If so, HAL would have elected to feature Canaletto as well as which ships were named in the "article."

Not saying that's what this is as I'm not familiar w/the publication, just throwing it out as a possibility.

If it is unpaid recognition  - YAY!!

Love the Candied Bacon 🥓 

20230808_101519.jpg

24 minutes ago, InTheWASide said:

Never even heard of this site

Just because you haven't heard of Tasting Table doesn't mean anything. They have been around since 2008 and claim 18 million website viewers per month worldwide. Do you have any idea of how many people have never even heard of Cruise Critic? This is NOT a paid advertorial. It covers restaurants on many different cruise lines at various levels that are not linked. Geez, even when HAL is given some positive press there are always armchair critics!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tasting_Table

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A bit suspect, as no criteria are given as to how these "best cruise line restaurants in the world" were selected. 🤔

To give Canaletto a mention and not include Murano (Celebrity)? I guess "best" has a different meaning for some...

7 minutes ago, Destiny0315 said:

Just because you haven't heard of Tasting Table doesn't mean anything. They have been around since 2008 and claim 18 million website viewers per month worldwide. Do you have any idea of how many people have never even heard of Cruise Critic? This is NOT a paid advertorial. It covers restaurants on many different cruise lines at various levels that are not linked. Geez, even when HAL is given some positive press there are always armchair critics!

The site should say: the best restaurants on US/UK marketed cruise lines. Trust me, there are more sublime restaurants than Canaletto on the High Seas . 😉 Just one example: Rossini, onboard all Aida ships. Every 2 days a completely new 7 course menu, with market sourced ingredients and dishes that are locally inspired. They are often Michelin Star quality. 
Also, any food served on Le Ponant or Paul Gaugin is vastly superiour to anything found on HAL or other US marketed lines. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

A bit suspect, as no criteria are given as to how these "best cruise line restaurants in the world" were selected. 🤔

To give Canaletto a mention and not include Murano (Celebrity)? I guess "best" has a different meaning for some...

In fact "Best" has a different meaning for many. In fact TPG very recently did a top nine best meals you can have at sea review and chose Eden from Celebrity. Then there is Cruise Radio which chose Guy's Burger Joint! 

Edited by Destiny0315
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Destiny0315 said:

Hahaha, OF COURSE Tasting Table gets paid in one way or another by their mentioned lines! Please do not be so naïve. Just like Skytrax selects yearly “ the best Airlines in the World”... it is all advertisement and really a big scam. 
( yes, I am an Insider in  the Industry, I know what I am talking about)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Despegue said:

Hahaha, OF COURSE Tasting Table gets paid in one way or another by their mentioned lines! Please do not be so naïve. Just like Skytrax selects yearly “ the best Airlines in the World”... it is all advertisement and really a big scam. 

Sorry, but everybody getting $$ doesn't necessarily make something a scam. It is not like these people are working out of a call center in India trying to convince me to buy Target gift cards for them! Then in a related area there must be a lot of newly rich film critics who scammed the world and are feasting off of the billion+ that the Barbie movie has brought in. 🙂

Edited by Destiny0315

4 hours ago, Destiny0315 said:

Sorry, but everybody getting $$ doesn't necessarily make something a scam. It is not like these people are working out of a call center in India trying to convince me to buy Target gift cards for them! Then in a related area there must be a lot of newly rich film critics who scammed the world and are feasting off of the billion+ that the Barbie movie has brought in. 🙂

4 hours ago, Despegue said:

Same in the wine industry.  You have to pay Wine Spectator a bit more than $500 just for them to consider you for their award and then, extra charges, if they deem you worthy LOL.  That little sticker in the front window of your restaurant doesn't come cheap 🙂 

Picture of gourmet Steak

Edited by taxmantoo
  • Like 3

I can even claim with certainty that Tasting Table got  most of their text directly from the cruise lines’ Media Office.

It is great entertainment and paid advertising , but nothing more than that. Sorry to burst a bubble.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, InTheWASide said:

Never even heard of this site, but anything that would list Canaletto and not Tamarind... having a hard time believing that.

Exactly. One meal in Canaletto was enough (at least for us), just the opposite with Tamarind. We consider Tamarind far better than Pinnacle. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Despegue said:

I can even claim with certainty that Tasting Table got  most of their text directly from the cruise lines’ Media Office.

It is great entertainment and paid advertising , but nothing more than that. Sorry to burst a bubble.

LOL! Myself and some others are missing your point totally. All I did was post a current review of cruise line restaurants. I don't source it out but you apparently feel the need to, so go for it! Show us the line for line text evidence. Some have even challenged the editorial conduct of CC over the years. I am in total agreement with everybody's remarks about Canaletto not belonging with that grouping and possibly one or two others. Other than that myself and most people just digest it(pun intended)for what it's worth and move along.