Koningsdam photos entering Glacier Bay

Hello HAL Koningsdam cruisers.  If you were on this past week's cruise you may be interested in these photos and video.   I was on a different ship watching you sail into Glacier Bay and took the opportunity to take some photos and a quick video.  It was such a beautiful day and I think your ship looks stunning with the gorgeous backdrop.   Enjoy!

IMG_4592.heic IMG_4596.heic IMG_4597.heic

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 8 months later...
13 hours ago, Sea-n-Ease said:

For the Koningsdam, typically how many glaciers in Glacier Bay does the ship stop and rotate?  And which glaciers?

On my three HAL cruises to Glacier Bay, we stopped only at Margerie Glacier and the ship slowly spun 360°.

It's a wonderful day in the National Park!

~Nancy

Posted (edited)

Depends upon the time of the year. Atleast 1, usually 2.  Margerie and either Lamplugh or John Hopkins depending upon time of year.

Pretty much all go to the end where the Margerie Glacier and the where the muddy looking Grand Pacific Glacier are. This is the major stopping location focusing on the Margerie Glacier

During portions of the season they also go to John Hopkins Glacier (approach closed during seal pupping season). On the way to John Hopkins they go past the Lamplugh Glacier. coming and going. During popping season have had them go and turn around at Lamplugh when the rest of way to John Hopkins is closed.

Edited by TRLD
  • Like 1