Cancelled my upgrade bid

di T

We are on the Dawn in November, booked a gty inside around May.The cabin we were allocated a few weeks ago I did not like.So put a low bid to upgrade to an OV, Today I saw for a wee bit less than the bid I could change to a sail away OV, So back to not knowing what our cabin will be, but still have the free at sea and all my dinning reservations as in the original booking, plus the prepaid gratuities.Never have booked a sail away but hey this is just an extra cruise for us this year and a short one for us(10days) so will hopefully be fine.What are your experiences on sail away? Dianne

• Like 1

Not understanding.  Sail away does NOT include free at sea perks, only the excursion credit.  Assuming you meant GTY - which is not the same as sail away.

As to sail away, GTY or a bid for OV - you could luck out and get a nice picture window or you could get a porthole, all the way forward on deck 4.

Just noticed you are from the UK - maybe sail away is different?

Edited by julig22

27 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Not understanding.  Sail away does NOT include free at sea perks, only the excursion credit.  Assuming you meant GTY - which is not the same as sail away.

As to sail away, GTY or a bid for OV - you could luck out and get a nice picture window or you could get a porthole, all the way forward on deck 4.

Just noticed you are from the UK - maybe sail away is different?

Yes I also thought sail away had no free at sea but it seems it does in the UK, I’ll take the gamble on where we will end up as the stateroom allocated to me wasn’t great! No big deal it’s just a cheeky extra cruise we have added to this years jaunts! Thanks,Dianne

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

We buy the FAS here in the USA too.  Only a fool thinks anything is free.

You are absolutely right! No such thing as "free"

What I should have written is of course that in Europe the package is a separate purchase and not included in the cruise price.

• Like 1