RoyalUp- Changing locations

LT4221

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

The examples I stated DID occur whether you think it's possible or not. And you just said as much in your own post. It never hurts to simply ask.  In our case it did.

I didn’t say it couldn’t happen - my caveat was “often”. Obviously it doesn’t hurt to ask but I certainly wouldn’t expect it. 

I also would never ask on the ship, unless there was a maintenance issue with the room. Even then, from what I have heard, changing can be difficult although I am sure they will do it if they can in that case. 

FWIW, I changed my room to a preferred (to me) location after Royal-up to a like category room prior to boarding. Once on board I would live with my choice or allocation.

I don’t think the OP should go into bidding on Royal-up with the false hope of expecting to change location once on board. 

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1

OP specifically asked about moving AFTER boarding, I was replying to that question

On 8/9/2023 at 5:15 PM, LT4221 said:

But my question is, has anyone had experience being in a noisy room and being able to switch once on board upon request and availability?

not trying to move before boarding.  But if you can't sleep or have some trouble with the cabin assigned, you can certainly go to guest services and they WILL try to accomodate if they can.  That's all I'm saying.

Edited by BecciBoo